Self promotion

IxianMace

I was thinking about veteran units and their uses, and I just came up with an idea (I haven't actually tried it). Is there some way that you can promote your units by killing your own units with them? For example getting lots of infantry and then getting a mino to force fire on them? Or is this all just rubbish? ::) ???

Yeah, but you can hunt down and kill sandworms. With enouh troops, very easy targets, but they are worth a lot of promotion points.

Online, you won't find many games (if at all there are any) that will have living world enabled, therefore no worms will be present. Unless you are using constant splash damage units like Chemical Troopers, and Flame Tanks (which level up beautifully when attacking worms), you'll only get perhaps 1 chevron if you're lucky.

Ah, you guys understand nothing about professionalism.

True professinals in Emperor value their kill count, and take pride in maximizing their own kill count while mininmizing the kill count of the enemy.

ie: If I play a fairly new player a typical kill count will be 150 kills for me, 13 kills for him.

I don't normally kill my own units 'cause that's stupid. But say for example that I have mad Inf all over the map then he comes at me with millions of Inkvines. Better for me to kill my own Inf and get the kills than give them to him (killing my units would not be my first course of action obviously, but when there is no way to prevent their death, might as well)

True professinals in Emperor value their kill count, and take pride in maximizing their own kill count while mininmizing the kill count of the enemy.

I don't normally kill my own units 'cause that's stupid. But say for example that I have mad Inf all over the map then he comes at me with millions of Inkvines. Better for me to kill my own Inf and get the kills than give them to him (killing my units would not be my first course of action obviously, but when there is no way to prevent their death, might as well)

Ahh yes, I understand now. I do take pride in maximizing my kill count and minimizing the enemy kill count, and you do have a point about the Inkvines and the infantry. However, as I_love_Anna said in the post above, why waste the infantry when they can be used to at least damage the enemy or be used as a decoy? If you have lots of 'mad infantry' running all over the map and the enemy comes at you with lots of Inkvine Catapults, wouldn't you like to rush his Inkvines with your infantry? I doubt that the enemy player would stand there with his Inkvine Catapult and keep lobbing Inkvine fluid, he would probably retreat or try to overrun your infantry. That would be painful for the Inkvine Catapult, being fired on by lots of infantry while it rolls straight into the fray.

Navaros, what would be more 'worth it' in the following scenario:

1. Killing 2 Minotauruses

2. Killing 20 Light Infantry units

There is a scenario where I consider killing my own units to be very important. That is when my base is under attack and I cannot defend myself. The buildings are being destroyed anyway, so I sell them to get some money back. Then I order the infantry units that appear to kill each other. This is how I try to prevent the enemy from getting more kills, and I add more kills to my total. However the main point here, is preventing the enemy from getting chevrons out of my infantry, especially Minotauruses, because one they get 1 or 2 chevrons, they become significantly tougher.

Have anyone realised that after the worm-ride, the Fredaykin's health would be recovered and all veterans will be lost.

That depends on how much damage the wormrider takes during the wormride. If the wormrider takes 50% damage, then the Fedaykin that gets off (if he survives that long) will only have 50% health. If you have a seriously injured Fedaykin unit that is visible, you might want to order it to call a worm anyway, not only to boost it's health straight back up, but to look for units to destroy. I mean, once the Fedaykin loses its stealth capability, it gets significantly easier to kill, and a lot less useful.