Ken's guide: harkonen

ken124578

Anna lover, ken is simply posting a word to put this topic back to the top of the list. I mean, I'm effectively 'bumping' this topic right back up to the top with this post myself. But back to the topic, this isn't supposed to be an English lesson. What are some good strats for Harkonnen? :)

an good harkonen combination cannot be cracked, if the player knows some micromanaging (newbies: you can't learn how to micromanage units, you have to learn it on your own)

example: 4 missile tanks, 2 catapults, an bunch of saws and assault tanks is an very deadly combination.

He's right. You always say that you have a backup. With making so many backups you will get other problems (rushes)

Yes, i always have back up. In-actual fact, i never build APD because i consider them to be useless because of the price and armour.

So if there really is 7 worms, all my plan would be ****ed up unless i have heaps of adv. carryall then.

Why would i get problem with rush? If your talking about my rush, then forget about it because i don't do rush. If your talking about rushes from the enemy, i would of saw the group in the enemy's base, and i would of be ready for the rush bfore they're even coming.

I'll doubt it, there's nothing much to do when you could only manage to build a scout. During that time, you should be waiting for the war factory or refinery, if you wanna build units, you could just set the rally point and build it from the unit tab.

in the beginning of the game you must 1. send scouts.

2. make anti scout defence.

your "sneaking the scout in" take stoo much time because you have to find my base first (or else your wasting even more time) by sending not micromanaging the scouts to certain places, when they've found it they will be killed without your attention to stear them away in time.

when its dead and you still want to have my base you must make an new scout/send another scout to the place and micromanage in.

in that LONG period of time i could've made more then 1 buzsaw to clear away troops and 1 engineer to take over an building.

your "sneaking the scout in" take stoo much time because you have to find my base first (or else your wasting even more time) by sending not micromanaging the scouts to certain places, when they've found it they will be killed without your attention to stear them away in time.

when its dead and you still want to have my base you must make an new scout/send another scout to the place and micromanage in.

in that LONG period of time i could've made more then 1 buzsaw to clear away troops and 1 engineer to take over an building.

That's what I was referring to before, the time it takes you to micromanage the scout into the enemy base, your attention will be focused on doing just that, and you won't be paying attention to other aspects of the battlefield.

I send scouts to all edges of the map, so mostly I will know where your base IS. And when I see that, I use my other scouts to micromanage them in. Believe me, it won't take so much time. But an anti-scout defense is quickly made...

just send multiple scouts NEAR their base, so they're safe. then que inf and a factory or refinery, then you could micro them.

1. taking multiple scouts NEAR an enemy base takes too much time (multiplayer rush time) and 2. i love anne was saying having 1 scout and micromanaging it in, not multiple scouts to find the base. 3. in multiplayer rushers (like me) make building/units/tanks and do not have enough time to micromanage 1 scout/multiple scouts to an enemy base.