Ken's guide: harkonen

ken124578

Tactics are not entirely common sense. There are varying ways to kill your enemies and counter their attacks. They may not be apparent unless you give it some thinking. You obviously don't play online, otherwise you would not be saying that not many people have common sense. Do you really think people in general are that weak?!?! ???

i did played a lot online, in my vacations, i woke up at 7 am, started up emperor and played games online, ate my breakfast while playing online, in the afternoon i ate soup, then started up emperor again and played online, i wouldn't stop playing emperor untill 10 pm in the evening, this would go on the entire vacation.

when i have to go to school, i wake up at 7 am again, play emperor 30min. go to school, when i'm home again i'm playing emperor again, eat while playing emperor and stop at 9 pm to do some homework and sleep.

i know i don't have an life but emperor was so addicting in those times :)

Wtf? What do you mean you have to go to school? At your age? :D You mean college or university, don't you? Basically, I'm going through your stage right now, if I had cable I would be even more hardcore, because I have 56K I have to be careful how many times a dial-up, so the phone bill doesn't go through the roof.

Did you ally with anyone ?

i did allie with someone, first it was an crap allie which send me 5 crap bikes as an crap reinforcements against emprworm and another guy equal of skill, my games with emprworm and elite i had an better allie but he still didn't helped a lot, i actually had to save him from the clawes of elite and emprworm :O or i was doubled by both, then i couldn't do anything

Wtf? What do you mean you have to go to school? At your age? :D You mean college or university, don't you? Basically, I'm going through your stage right now, if I had cable I would be even more hardcore, because I have 56K I have to be careful how many times a dial-up, so the phone bill doesn't go through the roof.

(no comment, i'm going through an nasty time :'( )

Did you ally with anyone ?

i did allie with someone, first it was an crap allie which send me 5 crap bikes as an crap reinforcements against emprworm and another guy equal of skill, my games with emprworm and elite i had an better allie but he still didn't helped a lot, i actually had to save him from the clawes of elite and emprworm :O or i was doubled by both, then i couldn't do anything

Well your lucky then, if you ally with me, its even worse. Within the first 5 min at the start of the game, don't expect anything more than light infantries from me as reinforcement, if someone is attacking me, DON'T expected my force helping you.

If someone rushes my ally, I'll usually pop turrets up in their base if it comes to that. However, most of the time, I just call worms and air drone rush to distract them, and buy my ally some time. If I'm being rushed and my ally is not helping me, then I defend myself BY MYSELF. I've learnt not to rely on allies to much now, because half the time they are crap and don't give a shit about you.

Well, you should always help your ally until you get in danger yourself. If you don't help your ally (and this counts for every house) you get in trouble because the other 2 start an attack on you or your ally, and when they attack your ally they will surely crush that one, because 2 vs 1 is (almost) always victory for the 2. And then they will attack you with both

Well of course not i NEVER help them, but i don't help much, usually mongoose or assault and Sardaukars and Fremen shall be the best reinforcement. Its not because im cheap, its because stronger units will take long in getting there so i'll send fast units.

When im pretty stable, i'll send units to "open" a road between me and my ally for my reinforcements to get their or just by adv. carryall if urgent.

I like to consider myself as a good ally when I'm stable and safe and have the necessary units. I'll send my NAIBs (through space ;D ) to my ally's base if I have to protect him/her that much. I'll also send air drones as air cover if they're being rushed by gunships. Hell, if they REALLY need it, I'll give them a spare factory and refinery if I have any to spare. The reason I value my ally so much is because I hardly stand a chance against 2 players all by myself. But then again, my ally should have some common sense. I mean, I can't defend a twit, can I?

I like to consider myself as a good ally when I'm stable and safe and have the necessary units. I'll send my NAIBs (through space ;D ) to my ally's base if I have to protect him/her that much. I'll also send air drones as air cover if they're being rushed by gunships. Hell, if they REALLY need it, I'll give them a spare factory and refinery if I have any to spare. The reason I value my ally so much is because I hardly stand a chance against 2 players all by myself. But then again, my ally should have some common sense. I mean, I can't defend a twit, can I?

i only got those 5 crap bikes after 30+ minutes :O

some time after they arrived he quits and the bikes are destroyed without giving'em to me :O

Well the important thing is to keep him/her from being defeated (as in a cross appears across their name when you press tab to view diplomacy/kills). However some people get so upset and pissed off that they just give you your stuff back (effectively defeating themselves) and then quit. Even when you could have revived them and given them a new base. :O

Who was your ally? I don't send Sand Bikes. I'd usually send heavy units via advanced carryall. It depends on the situation really, how much money I have, what units I have, how quick I can get to my ally's base, whether I'm in danger, etc, etc. ::)

umm...

the money was fine (i had an good econemy, and econemy defence)

he probebly had plenty of money, he just turtled...

me and empr had huge army's, everytime i attacked both got completely destroyed :O or almost completely.

he was on the other side of the map, and i was surrounded

he was in danger...lategame, then he brought me those bikes.

As I said before, I'll usually send heavy units. Sand Bikes are only useful for killing Feds that are calling worms, and hunting down scouts and Fremen warriors later in the game. Otherwise, they're almost completely useless. They could also be used as bait if necessary.