Other Sci-Fi Books

nampigai

Getting bored he ? :)

Have you ever seen the movie Quatermass ? I also like the book. ( the first one I think, about Ringstone Round ) It's mayby not one of the best books ever written, but still worth reading in my oppinion.

Of Dune NEVER ;D

It's just besides the Dune Novels and Star Wars I haven't read that much sci-fi. I can recomend the two Star Wars trilogies made by Timothy Zahn, they are great and my favorit charecter Thrawn are in them.

Have anyone read Chasm City by Alistair Reynolds?

I definately agree about I, Robot.

I myself recommend the Myst trilogy (Book of Atrus, Book of Ti'Ana, Book of D'ni).  They're not related too much to the games, but it's an amazing look at the D'ni civilisation, and it's a really good read (namely BoT).

If you can find it, try getting Alone Against Tomorrow by Harlan Ellison.  It's a bunch of short stories of speculative fiction (Outer Limits/Twilight Zone type stuff).  At least look for I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, and "Repent Harlequin" Said the Tocktockman.  I found Alone Against Tomorrow on Ebay for $5 CAD.

The Myst trilogy is a set of books absed on the PC games Myst and Riven (not so much Exile, I think).  It's about a society of people - the D'ni (pronounced "Dunny") - who have the means of writing descriptive books called Linking Books, which can transport anyone who touches a small panel in the book to the world it describes.  That's really all the info I can give you without giving away any spoilers.  I definately recommend that you check this series out.

Well?  What are you waiting for?  Go!  Now! ;)

I don't read a lot of sci-fi, but I suggest you read the Merlin Trilogy by Mary Stewart

The Crystal Cave

The Hollow Hills

The Last Enchantment

And, also, The Wicked Day which takes place along the same timeline, but isn't part of the trilogy.  It's a fairly mediocre book, but ahs an amazing ending for those familiar with the Arthurian Legends.