Ordos Sabotaur

vidiware

Hi.

The ordos saboteur is not invinsible.

It`s visible and quite weak.

He has a serious speed trough.

Manny ppl say he sux but i think it`s about how u are using him.

If u commnand him good and u give him some cover he can even get into turrets without a problem.

Cover can be given mij anything. Like trikes or quads cuz they are cheap. Even tanks. An mcv works fine to cuz he has a good armor and turrets need a while to kill it.

Bless

• 3 months later...

Well actually i had 2 versions of dune 2. In the first one he was invisible and i could only select him by pressing somewhere near the palace and having the luck to find him.

In the 2nd version he was visible, and he looked like a light infantry i think, i'm not sure though

Actually, WarCraft was just a medieval Dune II clone. Check the copyright dates, if you don't believe me.

true true, but eventually blizzard and westwood went seperate ways... warcraft and dune2 where quite close..

war2 and C&C however where a lot different

• 2 weeks later...

I like Saboteurs. You can even control them by telling them to 'move' into an enemy building. Also, if you put it in front of an enemy tank and tell it to Guard, the Saboteur will stand still and the enemy vehicle will drive over him: BOOM!

yes, but if you order to do something, make sure you do it right because i think that if you order it to move on the rock it will detonate on the rock (i'm not sure though)

Wherever you 'move' it, there it detonates...so make sure you tell the Saboteur to 'guard' before it gets there.

im my opinion the sabutour can be real effective if used properly. they can take out 4 wind trapes with one detonation. so if you can get them in a base. the sabatour works real well.

o_O They can? I've only ever seen them move INTO a building.

• 1 month later...

Their biggest problem was that you couldn't 'hoard' them - only two were allowed on the map at any one time... More=better chance of success...

The looked like a single light inf, with dark grey clothing. They don't have a weapon in thier hand though, and when they move, their walking anim is like a goose-step... Although their speed is accounted for in the manual by saying they ride a trike, their speeds are different, and no trike is visible in-game.

They can outrun any rockets fired from a range greater than about 5 cells.

Their biggest problem was that you couldn't 'hoard' them - only two were allowed on the map at any one time... More=better chance of success...

The looked like a single light inf, with dark grey clothing. They don't have a weapon in thier hand though, and when they move, their walking anim is like a goose-step... Although their speed is accounted for in the manual by saying they ride a trike, their speeds are different, and no trike is visible in-game.

Ahhhhh, you have that sucky version of Dune II :D

I can have unlimited Saboteurs :D

Anyway, Saboteurs are good for so many things. Living land mines (esp. vs Devastators...they have no turret (thus they have to stand still to actually target a Saboteur automatically - and they explode rather nicely ;));

+ quickly removing sneaky Launchers trying to kill your Factories;

+ killing stray Harvesters (esp. when they are about to be picked up by a Carryall :D)

how do you know all that.. don't tell me you tested everything like: They can outrun any rockets fired from a range greater than about 5 cells. :)