Battle of Corrin and Butlerian Jihad

Emperor Harkonnen

The Butlerian Jihad was the jihad lead against the "thinking machines" i.e. artificial intelligence (computers , androids, etc.). It started when a family had their child aborted by a "thinking machine" the family felt that the decision of the abortion was incorrect. Also within the Imperium amongst certain circles was talk that mankind would become enslaved to these "thinking machines" thus also leading to the Butlerian Jihad and also the outlawing of "thinking machines". Due to the Butlerian Jihad the great schools of thinking were formed (Bene Gesserit, Spacing Guild, Mentats).

If I left out anything Nema will gladly add the information while he explains the Battle of Corrin.  :)

You like doing this, don't you, Fed?

Corrin occured near Draconis IV... an important battle in the Jihad.

It is relevant because firstly because it caused the Corrinos to become the most powerful house and put them on the throne. Secondly, the cowardice/treachery of a Harkonnen almost cost the humans the battle - were it not for the valience of an Atreides leader, as I recall.

The BJ destroyed te thinking machines but not the highly complicated smart machines. Ix has always been a pain in the *ss for it's rivals (esp. Richese) but the known Empire accepted it's existence. You can read about the fall of the IX in the HA.

They ran away to their sanctuary planet(s) tupil. It talks about it in the appendix. They ran from the jihad and hid on these planets where only the guild knows the place. they pay the guild to keep it a secret. the dune books talk about that.

The emperor isnt the highest power in the universe. Remember that. In history and throughout human history people are behind the scenes pulling strings. All the guild has to do to destroy the emperor is stop all navigation of heighleiners. They dont because they are wise and are satisfied with what they have. This is one of the main reasons I dont believe in house vernius. it even talks about it in the prequels though as hidden. the emperor doesnt even know where it exists though this is why I didnt agree with teh prequels.

• 2 weeks later...

Errr... TMA_1: what is the connection between the Guild and House Vernius?? Before the Tleilaxu invaded Ix it's location was well known by everyone. After the attack House Vernius became renegade and was scattered away into the Universe. And that's all. And why is hidden?

I also agree that the Emperor is not the highest power in the Universe. Even the Bene Gesserit could strike at them and defeat House Corino in an instant...

• 1 month later...

IX was the main supporter of Highliners for the Guild, in House Atreides it was written that D. Vernius created a highliner with higher cargo capability and that made Corrinos lose profit since they gather payments for export and import in CHOAM, so Elrood decided to destroy Vernius... ( Not to mention his personal conflict with Dominic)