Houses

Emperor Harkonnen

Thats really weird because the DE talks about the ancient nations as houses. Like america is called House Washington and japan is called House Nippon and isreal is called House Abraham and England is called House Windsor or something like that.lol

If you're comparing... well It seems to me like FH based House Atreides on britain - temperate climate, and the monarchy at the time was perfect to fit in with what was said about the duke. I think the US correlatred at least slightly with the corrinos.

There are lots of rich nations, Thoup...

As to the Fremen, the Basques get my vote. They don't have a country of their own, yet their homeland is the most productive area of Spain (=Arrakis?). At the time, General Franco (Vlad?) ruled Spain and the Basque country with an iron fist... he had often tried and failed to wipe out th basques... yet, their odd culture within their harsh terrain thrived despite this. They have a language unlike any other indo-european language (=Chakbosa?). Oh, and they were guerrilla fighters who embraced christianity very wholly when they came to it, much like the Fremen and the Panoplia Prophetica...

Hmm...

Thats really weird because the DE talks about the ancient nations as houses. Like america is called House Washington and japan is called House Nippon and isreal is called House Abraham and England is called House Windsor or something like that.lol

Also, they mentioned the USSR, calling it "House Steel" (I assume it referred to Stalin).

No thorup. The reason why is because in the DE the ancient Terran countries were called houses by a leader or part of the country. not their political offiliation