Emperor expansion pack

Ghosty_Square

Guest Muad'Dib Kwisatz Haderach

Your right of kanly is acknowledged, EdricO. Would you like one on one combat maybe? and by the way, the God Emperor was acting in the best interests of all of humanity.

Worm13 - no, you don't lose it

ghosty - But that would be identical to the Harkonnen! I have another idea - let the Medic repair vehicles as well as infantry (and of course we'll have to call him something else then, like Scientist). This way the Corrinos can repair their vehicles, but the unit who does the reparing is very weak (by vehicle standards).

NavX - I wish we could do that, but ghosty says it's impossible. In other words, if he just "adds the Corrinos" the game won't recognize it as a fourth House and it will probably crash or something like that...

Nyar - Well, I will make a summary on my site as soon as ghosty sends me the unit descriptions (to ghosty - hint hint :D )

Am I allowed to vote, ghosty? I vote for the Corrinos, naturally. ;) But I don't think this is a good idea. First, when does the voting end? Second, I don't think it's necessary. I'll tell you the result: Atreides win.

But we're trying to add something really NEW to this game, and that's what's important. Corrino lovers may be in a minority, but they have the right to see their favourite House in action at least once. Besides, there are very, very few who will refuse to download the mod just because the Atreides aren't in it. After all, it's free! I think we should stick to our decisions.

Oops sorry guys there was a stupid message here by me earlier that was a result of the fact that I had read the most recent reply to my message previous to this one and inadverntently bypassed a few replies to my previous message before the most recent one. My apologies to ghosty and Nyar on that one for this blunder. I would have just deleted it but you have to be Admin to delete your own messages even.

[This message has been edited by NavarosX (edited 12-31-2001).]

[This message has been edited by NavarosX (edited 12-31-2001).]

Personnally I don't see the Atreides problem. If House Ordos, which I use more ofen, was kicked, I would simply pick another house.

I don't exactly know what is the problem with the Atreides. Do they regret losing the Atreides generally or their units?

An Atreides plz explain this.

Very few people will boycott the mod because there are no Atreides, ErdicO? That is an absurd statement. I really think you should go back and read what I had said because for all the reasons I mentioned above, rightly or wrongly, Atreides not in the game will stop most people from playing.

What you will be left with is a few Corrino fans playing, and if it turns out to be a really brilliant mod, wouldn't that be a huge waste?

Also could you please answer the questions I had asked about multiplayer?

Ghosty, the reason Atreides players who don't care about the story / House loyalty etc. wouldn't touch another House is because Atreides Minotaurs in legions, if supported, will obliterate any possible opposition in the game. Any type of infantry is useless against a good Atreides player due to the overpowered Minotaurs and the ridiculous amount of splash damage they get combined with the as of now unbalanced range of the Minotaurs.

What can you use against Minos? A lot of Minos I am talking. Only other Minotaurs or Gunships or Ornithopters(though Orni's are too weak to even make that feasible, really you can only use Hark Gunships), but even they are renedered moot with Air Drones and Sard Elite.

I started out as Ordos because I really dig the self-heal thingy, but when I realized that the infantry of all the Houses is for the most part utterly useless against a really good Atreides player, I had to switch to Atreides.

People who are into rushing will disagree with some of this. But the bottom line is in my opinion the best Atreides player would wipe the floor with the best player of any other House for the simple reason that unless you rush Atreides successfully they will annihilate Ordos for sure and Hark most likely simply because of one unit: the Minotaur. Their superior range, firepower, and splash damage is not matched by anything else in the game - take away that and people who like to play defensively will feel left out.

Ghosty, I think you should consider the time you are investing in this and the amount of people you would ideally like to use your mod. If you want your work to be appreciated by any more than a handful of people, you pretty much have to keep Atreides, axing Corrino if necessary. Though Corrino was a clever idea, you have to look at what your goal is and the feasibility of your goal in the real world. A clever idea yes, but not a *good* idea simply because in real life with real players, you will have hardly any support and all your time and energy will have been wasted.