The Shai-Hulud mod, released!

Timenn

Ok I'm gonna try to make a mod.

I must wait until my schoolyear is over before I can really start with it but this is the idea:

The Fremen will replace the Atreides.

The Fremen subhouse will be replaced by the Survivors (of the old Fremen and Atreides)

Here is the unit listing:

Fremen, specialized in infantery, have the same advantage as Atreides. By upgrading the Barracks

*The Fremen Scout - A normal scout

*The Fremen Infantery - Light Infantery, but this one has stealth when still, and has some more armor

*The Fremen Warrior - The old Fremen Warrior, but can see stealth

*The Fremen commando - An Engineer, stealth when still, armed with a small gun

*The Fremen Kindjal - The Kindjal, but also stealth when still

*The Fremen Fedaykin - like the old Fedaykin

*Fremen Biker - A light vehicle with a quick firing machine gun, very fast, stealth when still, and no armor

*Fremen Quad - A bigger vehicle but though not well armoured. Has a double small rocket launcher what fires with a quick rate of fire. This one is also stealth when still

*Fremen APC - Like the Atreides one, but faster and less armour

*Fremen Launcher - Looks like the Harkonnen one, but this one fires small missiles, like from the trooper, and this one is somewhat stronger in armour, and it has the same range as the old mino. This one can fire in the air.

*Fremen Sonic Tank - Like the Atreides one, but this one has not such huge firepower, but it can resist sonics!

*Fremen Mongoose - A copy of the Atreides one, but this one has stealth when still! Perfect for ambushin Air Units

*Fremen Ornithopter - Atreides one, but some little bit more armour

*Fremen AirDrone - a copy of the Atreides one

*Fremen Adv Carryall - another copy

*Fremen Tent - The Barracks

*Fremen Sand Turrets - Machine Gun Post what can be placed on the sand (copied :P)

*Fremen Sonic Turrets - Fires Sonic devices, with the same power of the Fedaykin

*Fremen Palace - A small secret stilltent

The Palace give the:

*Kwisatz Haderach - A normal infantery, which takes very long to buil (like the Chaos Lightning), health like a Sardaukar, but it has incredible abilities:

It has Stealth when still

It can teleport (space folding)

It can kill all infantery with 1 word (sniping)

It can deviate vehicles (Deviator)

It can ride worms

Harkonnen:

Since they realized that the Fremen were good infantery warriors they upgraded some units:

The Flame Infantery has now twice it's range, and can see stealth

The Flame Tank has now +50% range

The Light Infantery does +50% damage

The Flame Turrets has an increased range of +25%

Ordos:

Also they have some new things

The Chemical Trooper has twice it's range and can see Stealth

The Laser Tank has now AA!

The Gas Turret is now a real turret, firing the gas very quick

Both Houses gets the Assasin, a sniper... with stealth vision!

Shai-Hulud is somewhat stronger

And there can be 2 surface worms at one time!

Any suggestions/complaints?

Are things over/underpowered?

Are things impossible?

I was afraid for that with the Fremen Biker. Cause it never shoots. But I will search the big libraries of rare and unused units...

And for the stealth. Maybe I can take the stealth of some units away, like the kindjal. But the Fremen speciality should be stealth, like the Ordos one is speed, and you have more stealthviewers now.

I forgot to introduce the subhouse:

The Survivors:

They are placed in, not for story reasons, but to balance the game a bit. Cause some units need to stay:

*The Survivor Fedaykin - This sounds strange, but I needed to let all houses to ride worms. And the Fremen has not that big disadvantage, cause they can build then twice as fast.

*The Repair Vehicle - Just like the old repair vehicle. Handy for Harkonnen :) (Fremen gets selfhealing with veteran 1

And I don't know something for their building. Maybe the Atreides FActory...

But then I must change the textures of the Fremen Factory

And for the Fremen Launcher I must try to change it's textures. To change the gray into brown...

My idea about xbf-models

all models are the same, except for these:

Fremen Commando: The Harkonnen Engineer (for shooting)

Fremen Quad: The Smuggler's Quad

Fremen Launcher: Changing colors?

Fremen Tent: Fremen Tent (the barracks now)

Fremen Sand Turret: Machine gun post

Fremen Sonic Turrets: Machine gun post, but changing colors?

Fremen Palace: Fremen Stilltent

Fremen Kwisatz Haderach: There are loads of generals, so is that a problem?

Fremen Biker: ?? ??

Questions:

Can a unit have 2 weapons at the same time? (Kwisatz Haderach)

Can the Kwisatz teleport really?

How do you change textures of units?

When I only change the labels of units, and not their real names. Can I play against Fremen etc. without problems?

Thanks for all help :)

On a note.

If you give the Fremen auto-repair at level one, this takes away a specialality of the Ordos.

You can give some units two weapons, like the Sardaukar Elite. Make sure the gun goes first, then the knife though.

*Fremen Palace - A small secret stilltent

The Palace give the:

*Kwisatz Haderach - A normal infantery, which takes very long to buil (like the Chaos Lightning), health like a Sardaukar, but it has incredible abilities:

It has Stealth when still

It can teleport (space folding)

It can kill all infantery with 1 word (sniping)

It can deviate vehicles (Deviator)

It can ride worms

a unit can only have 1 deploy ability, choose warp or riding worms.

The Ordos have selfhealing without any experience needed...?

And maybe I will take away the Stealth from the Fremen Biker and from the Fremen Commando

For the Kwisatz Haderach, I choose wormriding. And maybe I will use the Mortar Infantery

And for only 1 superbeing... If someone know a better name to an all-powerful person

Thanks for all help

I like the mod idea and may have some for it if interested.

i remember someone posting in the KH suggestions about making the search lights buildable and have them see stealth units. maybe would work aginst the fremen.

like the idea of chems and flamers seeing stealth.

almost, but i just installed windows xp pro, and now emperor won't run. Tried loading up my virtual cd version of it (partitioned hard drive to read a second cd rom [N:] and then changed the emperor resource file to N:) and xp erased the drive. Go to install the drive again, and it won't let me. So I have to find the darn install disk now to reinstall it. So can you wait another day or two? I'm really sorry about all this.

You mean only units can deploy if that is in the xbf? I will use the mortar xbf then

And that of the search lights is a nice idea, I will consider about that.

Thanks for all help

I dun think you can give other units a deploy ability Jacob. I have only tried it with one deploy function and i think the same happens will all of 'em.

By the way Tim, if you want a unit that call vertical worms i think (but not sure) i can make one. It's djcid's idea if i 'm not mistaken.