Hawk strick sequence

brentbodnar

the hawk strike is an enteresting weapon. it dose no damnege to buildings but target a bunch of there tanks massing. or a group of infanty. they all crap there pant and run off the map. not good aginst devestators they walk so slow that the effect whares off befor they get to the map edge.

• 2 weeks later...

On some maps the units have to go so far before they go off the edge of the screen that the effect wears off. Something should be done about that. In fact, I think more should be done to make the superweapons more super.

Alright...on the statement that Superweapons should be stronger; I think that any tactician would have to agree that a battle should be won with brains more than force. This is for several reasons, it makes the games more fun, more challenging, and make you THINK! What fun is it if you don't think, if a superweapon just destroyed everything, the game would only be a race to who could build one first, almost like it is now, who can build more units first, somehow. A strategy game should involve STRATEGY!

RA2 was fun, I like to take Yuri and have him control the minds of people and animals and trucks on the map and then I'd place them in a "Zoo" which was a bunch of walls around them.  Which leads me into my "Economy Death" tactic.  Everyone likes taking an Advanced Carryall and grabbing harvesters, bringing the poor helpless thing to their base and blowing it up, where it is soon replaced by a new one.  Instead of destroying it, build a large "Harvester Pen," take an Advanced Carryall and pick up the defenseless plump spice picker, drop it into your pen and let it just sit there.  Can't get a new free one if it's not destroyed, can you? ;D

Every time I use the hawk strike the enemy tries to exit the map the longest way possible and sometimes they just drive around in a circle if they are in there base. I think it should longer lasting. It is my least favorite super weapon because it only works good on fast units.

But then again an experienced player can just build the building again and not have his money damaged at all! You see, the DeathHand has it's advantages and disadvantages, as everything else does. That's why I love Dune RTS games.