assault tank drop like flys

thomas

Guest Terraformer

I've played almost all RTS games on the pc starting with ofcourse dune2(since it was the first rts), then C&C, Warcraft 2, Starcraft, etc... And I agree that the assault tank is indeed under armoured but it can stil take some hits and it is not too expensive... Besides that they do ok damage vs. armoured vehicles... Against infantry flame tanks and inkvine catapults are a must..

However I do hope that westwood makes them a little bit more stronger in the new patch so that you don't allready lose 4 assault tanx when those mino's fire for the first time...

The only good thing about Assault tanks are they are rather cheap, and somewhat dependable, decent mobility and firepower. That we can't really deny, however its sad to see that I can destroy (while playing online against a real human) 7 assault tanks with merely 3 laser tanks, I keep making em' move back and forth back and forth, and boom, they're 7 tanks less, and I'm 3 veteran las tanks up. HeII all HK units could stand to get a armor boast. A liitle speed wouldn't hurt either.

• 2 months later...

I know, and the Harkonnen tanks are, in theory supposed to be better fighters; but the Harkonnen units can only self repair when veteran, so you're always replacing dead ones, and they are overall, slow builders. I find that the Atreides units get advantages in all these ways over HK. The ordos are a bit -too- weak fighters, though.

CHOAM didn't ban nukes; it was the Great Convention, signed by all houses, at the end of the Butlerian Jihad. CHOAM are just the merchants who supply your starports, and control all trade in the Imperium. The ordos do use gas, banned by the GC., and their former mentat Edric O (hence the name of the guy with the saboteur icon) was a thinking computer, also banned by the GC.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Assault tanks are great in every stat except one: range.  Their armor nearly matches that of a mino, their cannons take down slow vehicals even faster than las tanks (they do more damage per shot and have a greater RoF).  They also rock against buildings.  I've taken a deployed Kobra, one on one with an assault tank and won.  If Assault tanks had more range, nothing could stand in their way for long.

No harkonnen unit really has the all-aroundness of an assault tank.  Its armor nearly matches a mino's and it's weapon is like a kindjal's cannon with less range that fires faster.  That cannon is very effestive against any kind of vehical that isn't an air unit.  It can cut through an vehicals than las tanks or kobras and can also take down buildings effectively.  If only it had more range.  Still, no harkoneen unit is as vercital unit the good old assault tank.

I do agree that most newbies doesnt use tactics when playing harkonnen they always think the Harks are gods so they use one type of units. And thats actualy very dumb to do. For example,  AS-tanks vs LS-tanks, Use some speedy or long range units to slow em down and finish the job with the Tanks. Ordos tanks doesnt destroy AS tanks that fast anyhow. As for inkvine, They just rock against slow units. and are pretty fast themself. If you play against Human oponent predict your enemy's movement

Harkonnen = Raw firepowerd Brutes effective against all Houses :)

Atreides = Psychiatric people.... Worst nightmare of the Harkonnen cuz they talk too much...

Ordos = Nerds with Nerd voice's with Nerd habits and nerd nerd nerd  ;D

( I agree that Assault tanks rocks in almost every situation. Poo on the atreides with their Ornihopter's hehe :) )