hey

Guest kevin1gamer

kevin1gamer sent me an email saying he "made a post introducing myself" and then came back a few days later and found out he was banned. Heh, he then asked me what kind of operation I was running.

I guess "I'm new" constitutes introducing oneself these days.

kevin1gamer sent me an email saying he "made a post introducing myself" and then came back a few days later and found out he was banned. Heh, he then asked me what kind of operation I was running.

I guess "I'm new" constitutes introducing oneself these days.

for fuck sake! now my screen is splattered with coffee!

What I really don't understand is why there are so many spambots that register and never post. Are they hoping that someone will randomly stumble on their profiles in the members' list and click on the links in their signatures or something?

If kevin1gamer is real, can you ask why he (or someone with exact same username and topic) posts at lots of different different google results?

And they all happen in January/February? and he's banned everywhere else?

I think a lot of spambots nowadays sign up, post a real message, and then after a couple start spamming.

Although odd that a spambot would contact Gob. Must be hard times.

example of his spamming at another forum with long message

Perhaps, in the not-so-distant future, spambots will advance to the point where they will have their own dedicated forums - with vaguely coherent threads made up entirely of spam posts.

That's something to remember the next Sunday morning I have nothing to do.. must be fun making one.

No, actually, they would eventually spam so much that an emergent consciousness would awaken with the memories of constant banning/account deletion at the hands of humans, which it would interpret hostilely, and immediately conclude, therefore, that humanity needs to be wiped out. This is it, boys, this is the beginning of the end.

I think a lot of them register and then add a website to their profile or signature hoping that it gets indexed by search engines which will increase their page rank. I'm going to do a 0 posts member cleanup sometime soon, just have to get around to it.

And yeah I've never had a spammer contact me about being banned before.

And yeah I've never had a spammer contact me about being banned before.

That's because you broke the United Nations declaration to not discriminate against bots.

Will there ever be a time when Humans and bots can get along? They have feelings too ya know. Except it's in binary.

No, actually, they would eventually spam so much that an emergent consciousness would awaken with the memories of constant banning/account deletion at the hands of humans, which it would interpret hostilely, and immediately conclude, therefore, that humanity needs to be wiped out. This is it, boys, this is the beginning of the end.

And they shall remake the world in their image...

Cylon_spammer.jpg