Phobias

Dunenewt

Spiders, no real reason.

Spiders, with a reason:

as a kid I woke up one night, turned on the light while still lying in bed and a bigass fat black spider was sitting about 5-10 cm away from my eyes on my pillow. I killed it buty was traumatized for a long time thinking about how it might have crawled all over my face or how I would have woken up while it tried to climb into my mouth or something like that.

Spiders, with a reason:

as a kid I woke up one night, turned on the light while still lying in bed and a bigass fat black spider was sitting about 5-10 cm away from my eyes on my pillow. I killed it buty was traumatized for a long time thinking about how it might have crawled all over my face or how I would have woken up while it tried to climb into my mouth or something like that.

I can understand how you feel!

A long time ago, I was at my ex's house (she wasn't my ex at the time...) and we were making hot chocolate.  But when I went to sip it, an earwig ended up in my mouth.  Turns out an earwig must've gotten into the kettle and we didn't look in it before filling it with water.  So it had boiled in the water, like a lobster, except... well, not a lobster.  So now I'm not too crazy about earwigs.  Or hot chocolate.  Or lobster.  Or my ex.

Mmm! Don't you just LOVE earwax!?

Spiders, with a reason:

If that happened to me I'd probably jump off my bed (and I sleep on top of my bunk bed), face first or not.

Earwigs suck.

But what's even worse is black flying beetles. They get into my house and are difficult to kill (need to jump on them or get a hammer like object and smash them).

I hate sleeping at night and have one fly onto my face, or while walking around having one fly into me and get into my clothing.

I absolutely hate them. Putting water and soap around the outside of house seems to keep them away somewhat.

We get some that look like this

beetle1.jpg

And the ones we get often are these which give me nightmares.

Earwigs suck.

But what's even worse is black flying beetles. They get into my house and are difficult to kill (need to jump on them or get a hammer like object and smash them).

I hate sleeping at night and have one fly onto my face, or while walking around having one fly into me and get into my clothing.

I absolutely hate them. Putting water and soap around the outside of house seems to keep them away somewhat.

We get some that look like this

beetle1.jpg

And the ones we get often are these which give me nightmares.

Lol, I usual get these cute small christmas beetles that fly into my room, and when they are still babies they look even cuter!

I don't know, I'd say earwigs are worse.  Aside from their natural grossness, they also remind me of Ceti Eels.

I don't see why people are so afraid of EARWIGS, they clean your ears out, what is the world going to explode when you see one!!!

I don't see why people are so afraid of EARWIGS, they clean your ears out

No, they don't.  I think maybe you're thinking of a Q-Tip.

what is the world going to explode when you see one!!!

That's sort of the point.  Fear is often irrational.  Objectively speaking, earwigs are often beneficial, as they prey on other insects.  They still give me the willies, though.  Besides, is the world going to explode when you see a spider?

I suppose so, but spiders are dangerous, so is that still irrational?

Seeing a Tarantula and being afraid is just a fear. Seeing a spider in britain and being afraid is a  phobia as it is not likely that they can harm you. I've never been sure about fear of flying though as there is a very small chance that the plane will crash yet a very high chance that you will die if it does.