Hidden stuff

D2k Sardaukar

What does your request have to do with the hidden stuff in the game? Do you mean that those features you propose were supposed to be in the game, but got scrapped before the release? ???

Sorry,i will make new topic for this.

• 2 weeks later...

i opened  text.uib and copied  some content here    and look again  ask technical operator

ResumeMission Resume Mission RestateMission Briefing Quit Quit Repeat Repeat Proceed Proceed TitleSkirmish SKIRMISH YourName

YOUR NAME YourSide

YOUR SIDE YourColour YOUR COLOR MapAndName Map : %s Maps Maps Map MAP

UnitCount Unit Count

TechLevel Tech Level

AIPlayers AI Players Crates Crates Worms Worms Accept Accept TitleTeamPlay

TEAM PLAY Players Players Team Team Side Side Reject Reject NameAndSide %s Playing %s Games Games PlayersInGame Players In Game Choose Choose Type Type Join Join Host Host New New TitleHeadToHead

HEAD TO HEAD

TitleCoOp CO-OP Delete Delete

KeylistTitle   Key1 B ESC - Toggle InGame Menu for Key List, Load/Save, Restart & Abort Key2 P - Frame Rate Key3 O - Toggle Shroud on/off Key4 Q - Show Tile Info & Grid Key5 M - Toggle Fast & Slow shroud Key6 7 L - Show Range of Selected Unit (NB - This slows game) Key7 ) K - Toggle Stealth Mode on selected Unit Help Help & Key List

TitleHelp Help & Key List ReturnToMainMenu Returning to game menu SetGridOff Grid Off

SetGridOn Grid On AutoRotateOff Rotate Off

AutoRotateOn

Rotate On SoundSettings Sound Settings

GameSettings Game Settings Done Done TitleGameSettings GAME SETTINGS

GameSpeed Game Speed ScrollSpeed Scroll Rate TitleSoundSettings MUSIC SELECTION MusicVolume

Music Volume

SFXVolume SFX Volume

PlayTrack Play

StopTrack Stop RepeatTrack Repeat Maximum Maximum Minimum Minimum Fastest Fastest Slowest Slowest

Text.UIB is a string table... Siberian Gremlin released a string table editor many years ago which will display this file properly. I've also written a simple tool for viewing this file if anyone wants a copy.

A string table is a list of keys and values, in code and throughout various settings the key will be referenced. The program will then take this key, lookup the value and display that value. This means that if you want to change a string (text field) in the game (which may be referenced all over the place), you only need to make one change. It also means all game text is centralised and easy to keep track of and perhaps most importantly allows easy localisation (supporting multiple languages.) Since the keys should remain the same, all you need to do is send off the string table to a localisation company who will then translate the values and simply by switching what file is referenced the entire game's text is in a different language.

so what does they do.

just a guess based on names, but sounds probable.

ResumeMission Resume Mission RestateMission    Briefing Quit Quit Repeat Repeat Proceed Proceed TitleSkirmish    SKIRMISH :Skirmish settings    YourName

YOUR NAME    YourSide  :Show name of player and house name

YOUR SIDE YourColour :YOUR COLOR MapAndName    Map : %s Maps Maps Map MAP :Show the map name

UnitCount Unit Count :Unit count on map

ReturnToMainMenu:Returns To main menu Returning to game menu:Return to the game menu SetGridOff: disable grid?    Grid Off: same?

SetGridOn Grid On AutoRotateOff Rotate Off :Cursor rotation?

AutoRotateOn

Rotate On SoundSettings Sound Settings:opens sound settings

GameSettings Game Settings Done Done TitleGameSettings: opens title screen GAME SETTINGS

GameSpeed Game Speed ScrollSpeed Scroll Rate TitleSoundSettings MUSIC SELECTION MusicVolume :These all look like settings from the options menu

Music Volume

SFXVolume SFX Volume

PlayTrack Play

StopTrack Stop RepeatTrack Repeat Maximum Maximum Minimum Minimum Fastest Fastest Slowest Slowest :More options

Alot of these are menus. Very few look like debug strings.

they also do not appear in  stock game version 1.02  ever on 1.03 patch

also  in 1.03  you can hear the music but not able to change it.  in 1.06 you can change music .  throught looking in both game versions we would  find  hidden features.

also look at  folder data_ui_gfx please browse all images there are several images that does not appear in game :D

they also do not appear in   stock game version 1.02  ever on 1.03 patch

also  in 1.03  you can hear the music but not able to change it.   in 1.06 you can change music .  throught looking in both game versions we would  find  hidden features.

also look at  folder data_ui_gfx please browse all images there are several images that does not appear in game :D

alot of projectiles got scrapped, like the secondary missile for the missile tank.

and you said  that this game  has no secret features  and  you confirm that they were.

also you can  enable secondary missile  for missile tank using tibed.

also  in tibed thaere is  few weapons that  dont appear in game

an barrelhit i used it for raider and  something weird  raider was shooting like an black cloud or something soon after game crashed

also  if you make  other bulding to upgrade it will appear in upgrade meny  but  upgrade wont end .  also  emperor palace  bulding is  wrong,  it has color scheme of ordos house  an yellow/gold bulding design .

also note that  game is more strange.  play for few hours on  1.02 game then 1.03 and see difference

i know how to force ai  to  scatter his units around map. its not secret feature but it works only for  1.03 patch and its hard to get it.  sometimes ai  build units and dont send to battle . it happened me two hours  at third hour  mass of units attacked my base and i  died there but  he did not attack secondary base that was attacked in another hour.

now secondary question.. is there any way possible to make own units and  insert them to game?

as i know  unit textures are in r8 and r16  files  but  how did    they add stealth raider sardaukar grenadier  into game at 1.06 ?

also    there was more types of infantry as i know.    but mostly were scrapped.    fremens was  separate house  in plans  i think  but they messed it up.

so why we do not see them

You do, go to the options menu in the game.

The secondary missile  that can be enabled in tibed is utterly useless, it takes thousands to eliminate a target, and it doesnt follow air units, other cut projectiles crash the game, or are different versions of regular weapons with very small differences.

and you said  that this game  has no secret features  and  you confirm that they were.

I think it wasn't about the secret features, but about the fact that the developers included everything they planned to in the game. This doesn't mean there were no features or things that turned out to be useless and thus scrapped, since picturing the future game is one thing, actual balancing is another.

Either because that would be messy/needless work, or they just plain forgot about it. In fact, lots of games have traces of unused, scrapped features as well as testing/debugging modes, that are not available to the player, and not part of the actual playing process anymore.