Hidden stuff

D2k Sardaukar

Is it more hidden stuff in this game?

I wish I knew...

Hm, perhaps I have one more little hidden thing. In the Dune 2000 menu there can be a button to join the LAN room, but you need to be in a LAN (duh) to get the option or use Hamachi (program to create virtual LAN network on internet).

• 6 months later...
Another strange thing is that there are ruins located on sand and all of them of Harkonnen. How is it possible to build on sand? And why only Harkonnen?

old topic, I know, but anyway... if you remember the original Dune story, Arrakis has been exploited by the Harkonnen for ages before the Atreides came. This may be the same here.

• 7 months later...

I changed all the paths to the westwood folder on PC and copied those files from CD that were not there. it was actually a bad no-cd attempt. lol

You cannot play, it just shows that screen.

Interesting, I'll have to look into that. I've got my copy of D2k's cd here now :)

my friend had this  mentioned too.  each crate contained many powerups so  random colors were implemented.  ...

if you look close to crate  you may notice same schema of c&c ra scheme. its small green box, in dune box is blue. 

many people will counterstrike this what i say

colors of crate was meaning their behavior

one color was  good crate (free infantry/tank , free money,  full map, stealth  ability)

another one bad crate (explosion, shroud map

i was observing crates in r8 and r16 files lon ago so cant remember if there was 5 or 6 crate color.

because game was too easy with crates. westwood  made only one crate system..howewer you can restore orginal crates.

*note that you cannot have carryal via crate.. orginally you could have evry unit

also for unpatched game version if you find crate, you may get a sardaukar. and not cloaked fremen.. note this too that in unpatched game for skirmish you cant build sardaukar or uncloaked fremen

In Command & Conquer, the first game to implement powerup crates, two different-looking crates ("wood crate" and "silver crate") were used in single player: wood crates contain a money bonus (+2000 credits), silver crates are used for mission-specific targets (in missions where you need to pick up a crate with something related to the particular scenario) and do not actually have any powerup that affects game play. In Red Alert, it is possible to customize the silver crate for each mission, but usually it contains a "heal everything" powerup; wood crates contain money.

In Command & Conquer: Sole Survivor crates of different colors were used to indicate different powerups (e.g. a green crate will heal the player). Perhaps WW planned on a Sole Survivor type mode for Dune2000, as using different crate colors in a regular MP game kinda ruins the surprise element, since you can get either a bonus or some damage when picking a crate.

so just we need special control panel to take them back

What? If they're not implemented, how will a UI add that functionality? I can add a button saying "Play with flying sandworms" with two file edits, doesn't mean the game now has flying sandworms. Pity that, flying sandworms could be awesome

What? If they're not implemented, how will a UI add that functionality? I can add a button saying "Play with flying sandworms" with two file edits, doesn't mean the game now has flying sandworms. Pity that, flying sandworms could be awesome

sandworms are an air unit,so technically you could ;D

game data is existing.. they are around chunks of data..... sandworms , sandworms... if we could control them in game.. o wait  did you can produce sandworm via high tech factory? if is flying unit, you coukld.. but possible thys  may crash because worm does not move on rocks.. but maybe building on white sand could help (i can build buldings on white sand. once i was wormed on heavy factory. i just made tanka nnd bring thumper. he eated tank

but note that when worm is  moving around and when it attacks unit  sometimes it disappear...

game data is existing.. they are around chunks of data..... sandworms , sandworms... if we could control them in game.. o wait   did you can produce sandworm via high tech factory? if is flying unit, you coukld.. but possible thys  may crash because worm does not move on rocks.. but maybe building on white sand could help (i can build buldings on white sand. once i was wormed on heavy factory. i just made tanka nnd bring thumper. he eated tank

but note that when worm is  moving around and when it attacks unit  sometimes it disappear...

no, air units cannot be controled

lets work this out.. we need control them...

alson  i have found other stuff on skirmish

when ai has only wall in base and few harvesters with carryal. he take carryal and driv harvester back to wall.

what the...... is i possible to drive harvester by carryal  near walls of base?

If he had full harvester then carryal returns it to refinery place and (either full or not) carryal flyes with harvester to spice(even if this harvester is full)that you must click only on spice and have carryal to deliver there harvester with carryal.

lets work this out.. we need control them...

alson  i have found other stuff on skirmish

when ai has only wall in base and few harvesters with carryal. he take carryal and driv harvester back to wall.

what the...... is i possible to drive harvester by carryal  near walls of base?

he uses a retreat function built into the .mis the ai cannot control carryall neither can you. you need to reverse engineer the game to do that.