Strange and funny news

Dunenewt

Post your strange and funny news from around the world here.  First of all, a South Korean woman finds a rat's head in her crisp packet.

One of South Korea's most popular snacks is being withdrawn from sale after a customer reported finding a rat's head in one of the packets.

Nong Shim, the country's biggest processed food manufacturer has issued an apology:

"From the bottom of our heart we apologise to clients who have been supporting us for 40 years."

South Koreans eat millions of packets of the fried, shrimp-flavoured snack each year.

But last month a female customer discovered a piece of oily skin-like material inside a jumbo-sized bag.

"When I looked closely", she told local media here, "I noticed teeth and an eye. It looked exactly like a rat."

Nong Shim has ordered a massive product recall.

South Korean Food and Drug Administration officials have already inspected a Nong Shim factory in South Korea, and plan to visit a plant in China also involved in the production process.

But customers are understandably upset.

"Where is the rest of the body?" one irate consumer demanded.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7304417.stm

Ah it reminds of me of a story that i was told about the meat processing plants. They ground the meat at night since it takes a long time and the big giant pots that meat is grinded becomes attraction to rats. The rats crowd around it but too afraid to get too close so not to fall in to the pan. However, a sudden move by a rat behind could force one to fall in to the pan. And the grinder keeps on grinding. And than you get hamburgers.

Well, I'm not sure if this counts, but anyway, A P.E. (IE. sports) teacher made a bunch of people (including me) throw bricks to each other and one hit my head, and I was like "Oh-my-god, Who did that..." and then I went and washed the blood off and some teachers came and gave me some ice to put in my head. I was absent from school for like a day or two and when I came back my friends were like "what happened to you" and I was like "someone threw a brick to my head" and then my friend said "it's like a giant skopo" ("Skopo is when someone does a usually friendly slap on the forehead, it can get annoying, and I think it is supposed to be annoying, well, I think it's something like that, but it's hard to explain). I want revenge on that P.E. teacher. :P

When I was in the 4th or 5th form at school, we had a nasty PE teacher who was incredibly aggressive. Once, he smashed my classmate against the wall (he didn't like the way my classmate performed a running exercise), and that beside issuing threats of physical damage on a regular basis (like smashing one's head against a heating radiator). We then got some other teacher, and this one was eventually fired for beating a girl or something like that.

As an afterthought, I suspect this guy was a retired Afghan veteran *shudders*

'Praying' dog at Japanese temple

Attendance at a Buddhist temple in Japan has increased since the temple's pet, a two-year-old dog, has joined in the daily prayers.

Conan, a Chihuahua, sits on his hind legs, raises his paws and puts them together at the tip of his nose.

_44510966_conan_afp203b.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7310993.stm

'Praying' dog at Japanese temple

Attendance at a Buddhist temple in Japan has increased since the temple's pet, a two-year-old dog, has joined in the daily prayers.

Conan, a Chihuahua, sits on his hind legs, raises his paws and puts them together at the tip of his nose.

_44510966_conan_afp203b.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7310993.stm

That's so cute (+ cool)!!! :D

• 4 weeks later...

*points at Dante*

..... , ,_____________________

..... / `---___________----_____|]

...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______|

.... / ______|

.....), _(__) /

....// (..) ), ----"

...//___//

..//___//

.//___//

*que scottish accent*

It's just like a wop bringing a knife to a gun fight.