The Sardaukar

The_Sadukar

Sardaukar are interesting.  They have been trained to be the best fighters in the universe, and yet they are not.  They have a reputation of being totally heartless and ruthless, which they are, but I don't think that they are truly something to fear unless you don't have Fremen surronding you.  I don't know.  Maybe people should fear them.   I don't.

The sarduakar were once great. Their fighting skills individually matched those of a 10th level ginaz warrior. Even a match for an adept bene gesserit. They fell from grace though. Their power sapped by pride and lack of religious devotion to their secretive religion. By the reign of Shaddam the fourth, They were just a hollow shell of an elite fighing force. A vague shadow of what they once were. WHen in their prime they were amazing fighters.

Sardaukar were soldier fanatics, so if you were against Emperor, you had all Sardaukars against you. I think they was very dangerous, cos they didn`t care they can lose their lifes, they did fight to death and they were very good fighters. Thats they could sacrifice themselves and thought that is better die than be coward made them as dangerous as fremen whos foghting for religion too.

not to jump of topic , but has any of you tried the Sadukar in Emperor BFD, i think that i BFD they are the best foot men, the standard Sadukar is like a combination of the Kinjal bazooka and the sniper and the Elite version are exelent to wipe out incoming laser tanks (i know they'll die in the prossecs)

Sards in game are one of best infantry but its funny: in book Fremen always bet them, in game it isn`t as simple. Fremen in book were very good warriors too, sometimes even better than Sardaukar, but it could be cos it was more Fremen on their territory. It was better with Sardaukar that they were regular army, Vanguard right, all armies should be like this.

I hope you don't mean that all REAL armies should be like the sardaukar? I mean, a bunch of rough fighters that do everything for one man, no matter if his plans are good, bad or just plain insane. I hope the soldiers of the world would have a bit of own mind?

Its not becouse they fanatism, its becouse they efficiency. When I hear about soldier that went to supermarket cos he didn`t know language that his comrades spoke and was offended, I wonder where is discipline. Sardaukar wouldn`t go to supermarket, thought. Soldiers should be disciplinated as sards, efficient and listen orders that in some armies doesn`t have place.

Sardaukars are born for fight. Their training starts with their birth. People, who are whole life studying art of war can't be named as "bad" or "evil". They do their work, evil are those, who do it with cynism, pleasure or anger. They are peace-keepers like Jedi knights, yet their military system isn't so individualistic.

No, Sardaukars are the warrior cast (and also only) of Salusa Secundus. Salusa is a like a big training hall for Corrino's formidable army. But I must say that every soldier, not just sardaukar, is a kind of slave.

I know they originate from Salusa Secundus (the old Emperial Capital Planet, until nuked by a minor House who remain unnamed). But I think I read something in the original books by FH about them being prisoners or slaves. Or there ancistors where slaves. Because the sardaukar where like the fremen, both slaves early on.

I hope you don't mean that all REAL armies should be like the sardaukar? I mean, a bunch of rough fighters that do everything for one man, no matter if his plans are good, bad or just plain insane. I hope the soldiers of the world would have a bit of own mind?

I simply say that such a point could be argued.