The Sardaukar

The_Sadukar

• 2 years later...

the sardaukar are best portrayed as bad guys.

They are not neccessary evil. Shaddam is a bad guy so the sardaukar must follow him.

Fremen are better fighters than sardaukar in dune.

The old sardaukar could kick a fremen's arse!!

They become less and less effective

the thing is:

when the training of the sardaukar is finished they go villa's and beutiful planets and they go parading for the emperor

as to the fremen: the harsh conditions on Dune make the,m fight for survival every day so they must train every day, there skills are tested every day, the sardaukar become weak as to the fremen they become stronger and stay strong

Er, why did you guys revive a 2 year old topic?

I think that Sardaukar were equal to 10 ordinary conscripts on their peak, not during Shadam. Also this is not math, otherwise you'd come to the conclusion that since a fremen can take 5 sards, and one sard can take 10 conscript, 1 fremen can take on 50 men! It all depends on the circumstances, who has the advantage etcetera. Fremen are of course on their best on their home grounds.

I do not agree, the fremen are trained from young while the sardaukar are prisoners that survived the harch conditions on Salusa, so for the fremen it is more a way of live a second nature so to say, the sardaukar are trained

It has been proven that young children learn betterthen adults so, the fremen have an advantage there, since training begins after they are born

Hmm as far as I can remember, Sardaukar are like prisoners thrown together on that prisonplanet and only like 40% survived the training or so. So the conclusion is, only the strong survive. Also where did you get that a fremen could take on 5 sardaukar. I realy don't believe that. I don't think even a fedaykin could take on 5 sardaukar.

According to the books the sardaukar, during Shaddam's time period, were not as powerful anymore as before, but the mightiest army in the universe still. The fremen had the advantage over the sardaukar in a couple of things. For one, they lived on that deserplanet for ages and knew how to survive and how to remain unseen, whereas Sardaukar were completely new. Secondly ofcourse the additional weapons like sandworms.

But honestly, I think that an army of sardaukar could stand up to an equal number of fremen. Even on Arrakis itself.

Hmm as far as I can remember, Sardaukar are like prisoners thrown together on that prisonplanet and only like 40% survived the training or so. So the conclusion is, only the strong survive. Also where did you get that a fremen could take on 5 sardaukar. I realy don't believe that. I don't think even a fedaykin could take on 5 sardaukar.

when Hawat talks to the baron about turning arrakis in a second salusa

ehm pag. 399 see yourself