Facebook

Andrew

Hate douchebags who think the more apps they have the cooler they are? Which leads to your browser almost crashing because of the 50 apps they have running?

Do you use firefox and adblock plus?

Get a facebook subscription to block out some of the apps (~300 right now). I tried it and it blocked all apps that one of my friends have (he has about 25 apps running).

I also added the normal adblock list from this person as well just to be extra safe :P.

http://www.jamieplucinski.com/blog/?page_id=53

Why the hell doesn't facebook allow an option to disable all apps from showing? I don't care if someone added some stupid zombie app. And when I go to a friends page I don't want to go through 10 pages of apps just to find what I am looking for.

The whole beacon ad thing was stupid, and I still have no idea how to turn it off. I can find it in my privacy area but no option to disable. Oh it seems they just added the feature to allow to turn it all off. yay!

go to privacy->external websites->Don't allow any websites to send stories to my profile.

I'm actually trying to be very secure with facebook since it has gotten stupid. I don't post any good personal info on it. Facebook was nice to keep in touch with what was happening with friends you may not talk to that often, but it has gone to shits. 1/2 of my News Feed is people adding apps, and those advertisements facebook does to target specific demographics (I got an ad for a "local" web site designer tonight). Luckily my hosts file and adblock+ block all banner ads.

Anyone know some people who add as many people as possible because the more "friends" the cooler they are? You may have gone to school with them but never even talked to them? I find that humorous.

So what is the new website people are going to since myspace crashed and burned and facebook jumped the shark when it added apps (which made it look just like myspace)?

Anyone else scared of getting their picture taken at parties/social events because there is a good chance it will get posted online for everyone to see and know what you are doing? I don't understand why people enjoy doing that. I mean this mostly for people who have public profiles (stupid!), and I have no control over who sees the pics that someone else uploads (hopefully just friends, and not a public profile). I also want to decrease the chances of an internet mob attacking me (or if they do it is more difficult). I've seen this happen many times with mobs getting all peoples personal info and even phoning them up and sending death threats.

Sorry to offend anyone if you actually like filling up your profile with dozens of apps. There are actually some useful ones, but not that many. I think it has to do with most people being new to the internet they have no idea what they are doing.

[offtopic]

wtf I think I just saw a high school classmate on national television doing work in Kenya. :O

holy crap it was my classmate. I had no idea she was into that. They are giving out used eyeglasses to the population and other nice stuff.

[/offtopic]

wtf I think I just saw a high school classmate on national television doing work in Kenya. :O

holy crap it was my classmate. I had no idea she was into that. They are giving out used eyeglasses to the population and other nice stuff.

Maybe you should have added her as a friend on Facebook... :)

• 1 month later...