What car do you drive ?

Nuvollari

As long as you have the means to do so relatively comfortably, owning an expensive car is not stupid.

Some people do not like the idea of having perpetual car payments to make which would be the case if you always planned to lease an automobile and never own one.  If you purchase a high quality automobile that will last you a good 10 years, but finance it for only 3 or 4 years you have the next 6 to 7 years to own this great car with no payments.  Sure you don

It seems that you all have these fantastic, kick-ass computers, but hardly a car amongst you.  Interesting phenomenon. :D

Hmm, ~1500 dollars = kick ass computer. ~150,000 dollars = kick ass car. I'd go with the computer myself ;)

Of course, mine was free thanks to a relative who owns a law firm. Go free volvos!

Hmm, ~1500 dollars = kick ass computer. ~150,000 dollars = kick ass car. I'd go with the computer myself ;)

Not exactly a fair comparison, eh Acriku?  Surely you could find an automobile for less than $150,000.  I believe the car I owned in college cost less than $1,000.  Jeez, what a piece of crap that was. ;D

I drive a Dodge Intrepid. The R/T though, which is the highest sports model available (65 more horses than base (3.5L over 2.7), 100lb more torque, sports suspension, 17'' performance michelins instead of 15'' goodyears)

And yes, I'm a senior in HS, and it's a 30k car. Has 156k miles on it, new engine, however, and I paid for it.

post-2379-12833239453056_thumb.jpg

post-2379-12833239453877_thumb.jpg

As long as you have the means to do so relatively comfortably, owning an expensive car is not stupid.

Some people do not like the idea of having perpetual car payments to make which would be the case if you always planned to lease an automobile and never own one.  If you purchase a high quality automobile that will last you a good 10 years, but finance it for only 3 or 4 years you have the next 6 to 7 years to own this great car with no payments.  Sure you don

for me it is. because things never last around me for very long. I always sell my stuff again on ebay and replace it with newer technology, fancier design, more comfort... and I do that with EVERYTHING (side note to the "date-topic": another reason besides the earlier mentioned ones why I'm no good for relationships: they don't last, because I need change... all the time) so I'm not the kind of guy who drives 1 car for 10 years. I also don't want a house or anything like this, because I intend to live a part of my live in different countries. maybe I can start in about 5-10 years with that plan. so leasing is a very nice thing :)

Uh, yeah

I drive a Dodge Intrepid. The R/T though, which is the highest sports model available (65 more horses than base (3.5L over 2.7), 100lb more torque, sports suspension, 17'' performance michelins instead of 15'' goodyears)

And yes, I'm a senior in HS, and it's a 30k car. Has 156k miles on it, new engine, however, and I paid for it.

How can you drive a $30 000 car in high school? I'll whip you nipples! Did your dad buy it for you?

The

How can you drive a $30 000 car in high school? I'll whip you nipples! Did your dad buy it for you?

I just wondered how cheap cars really are in the US of A. That car costs $75 000 in Norway... You see, I wondered if you really were that rich, in which case I'd marry you, or if the cars just were cheap. So, ehm, no marriage for you...

OMG!  I thought your first comment was directed at me and I gotta tell ya, nipple whipping sounds pretty painful. :O

Jeez, too bad I

Alright, we're a tad off-topic here...

But no, I haven't been divorced 4 times!  I may be difficult to get along with, but I'm not that bad. I simply meant that I've had my share of marriage proposals.

Back on topic:

SUVs so bad for the environment, but I love 'em.

SUVs and big trucks are not very cool if you live in a city and have a far drive to work and have no reason for a big vehicle other than to run everyone off the road.

But they feel so good being up high. I'd prefer a small SUV over a big one. Easier to park.

SUVs and big trucks are not very cool if you live in a city and have a far drive to work and have no reason for a big vehicle other than to run everyone off the road.

But they feel so good being up high. I'd prefer a small SUV over a big one. Easier to park.

That