Smokin'!

Well drugs in general are becoming more present since a few decades at least. There is an Arab country which has whole populations onto some drug, and they are politically totally inactive (they basically need others to manage it seems). I just think that whattever recreation shouldn't keep someone from getting things done and directing his life as he decides it (and on each's personal level, bring closer to whattever life betterment).

I've seen people having trouble going on without pot/whattever, and wanting to get off of it to go on with their lives. At least for these clear cases, it seems to clearly attack their freedom to control their lives.

For many others it is a mixed case, with more big factors added around to complicate any answer. For sure, heroin and others are clearer cases.

Driving under the influence of marijuana and hash doubled since 1989: study

Drugs are prevalent nowadays, with drug dealers everywhere and you can get anything anytime. Kinda sad.

I'm thinking now that teens are addicted to drugs and steal to pay for them, as it seems every week teens are stealing vehicles or robbing people even in public. My province is not safe anymore. :(

Mary J should stay illegal (if it were legalized, would it be legal to smoke up and go driving? I presume there would be blood alcohol levels like liquor).

Even if every drug was legalized, you would still have people committing crimes of theft to pay for their addictions.

I think that the war on drugs was futile to begin with... In any case, if marijuana were ever legalized and recognized as such by the federal and state governments, there would be tons of limitations: certain level of usage while driving for instance, price, taxation, etc. Since it is the biggest crop, why not tax it?

I'd like to remind everyone of the original reason for the war on drugs... to screw over the Chinese!

On an unrelated note, I'm pro-pot legalization.  I don';t use it myself, but relaly don't see why someone's life should be ruined because they smoked a little dope in high school. 

Screw over the Chinese? Are you referring to some historical relation with Canada (or USA) that I wouldn't be aware of?

I agree on the broad thing in terms of what we legalize or not, but the line is really "What exatly forms dependence strong enough to screw people's freedom, and make them screw others' too?" Is it pot, or is it heavy alcohol, or is it heroin, or is it nothing as long as they are controlled when addicted? I dunno where you'd put the line..... all I see are people moving the line all the time as we go on, always seeing just the "current day's issue" (now pot).

Besides Mahdi, are you thinking that you are superior to us all by giving yourself titles like this all the time?! Screw you I say! You shall now be called Mahdi the Guy :D