what hardware are you going to buy in 2006...?

with 40$ more i can get the 1g ram i want .. i know what u mean but i have limited budget

and the driver u are talking about starts with 170 but it can go up to 250$ at some shops

and i cant garantee what my hardware shop may find...

this whole topic is far more deep if you are into it. there are special threads on hardware based forums about different rams and if they use samsung, winbond or micron chips and which one of them and at which voltage do they run by default and with which timings and how can they be overclocked to what mhz with which timings then and how much more voltage do you have to give... it's a very extensive issue and picking the right set of rams for the system you want to build usually takes more time to pick out all the other components. the most important part for tuning and overclocking the system is BEFORE you buy it  :)

bad..news for my mother board.. gigabyte  81848p-g  :'(

the haedware shop told me the 6600 is too big to fit on it and the max i can

get is the 5700fx and offcorce i wont remove my brand new 5200fx and throw

it away just to get another crippeld fx card...and i cant buy another mother board atm...  :-X

Oh man that sucks. Is it the particular version they have or the card itself will never fit ? Some manufacturers of the end card add on their own funny fans and heatsinks which can make putting them in mobos harder...

See if there is another version you can go for, or check out the card veK recommended  :-

No, sometimes the components of a mobo can be positioned that certain cards cannot fit, heatsink pushing on memory card slot, that type of thing.

Of course he might have a soundcard or dial up modem still in there :P

I will say I used to have and use Gigabyte boards alot and damn the were some very compacted boards. I never understood why mboard manufacturers put a PCI slot right under the AGP slot in Gigabytes especially, like you can actually put something in there.

True. So many more components are onboard now then when I first got involved with 'puters. Lan cards, decent sound cards, modems are external routers now, so no need for them. there shouldnt be a major need for cards in an average system now days, I dont think. I have my graphics card and thats it.

i have a lan card a dialup moden the 5200fsucks  vga  thats all the sound card is inboard but its not the matter of haw many cars i have its the matter space between the slots i mean the guy have

no intrest on not selling me the card if he could,,but anyway its a long way fot me now to throw awy the expensive gigabyte mb...so no luck 4 me this upgread i guess..

that's what I told you:

I have taken a look at the board on pictures and can't see the problem why a standard 6600 card shouldn't fit...

it's an usual agp board and any agp card should fit on it...

yes vik its not that i dont value your advice but i just wanted more than one openion because

that guy at the shop made so confused after he made me buy a quite expensive mother board atv the start now he tells me you need to change it..i guess he is trying to rape and make me buy another mb

Yes Spicy what Vek and Erj said are true.

So its the PCI Slots that get in the way ? Or some of those capacitor type thingummies ? :P

Also are you aware of the little white AGP card notch that has to be pullled out when seated? just curious is all.

On a side note, for future mainboard recommendations go ASUS all the way baby. Just my opinion anyway for best all around boards for reliability,performance, support etc.  ;)

BTW here's the mainboard i've decided on for my next upgrade the pic up on the left are what comes with it etc.  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Showimage.asp?Mode=&Type=&Image=13-131-540-01.jpg%2C13-131-540-02.jpg%2C13-131-540-03.jpg%2C13-131-540-04.jpg%2C13-131-540-05.jpg&CurImage=13-131-540-02.jpg&Description=ASUS+A8N-SLI+Premium+Socket+939+NVIDIA+nForce4+SLI+ATX+AMD+Motherboard+-+Retail

not too bad for $159.00

[attachment deleted by Gobalopper]

asus boards are good if you want a stable mainboard. the thing is: they are good, but they are not outstanding.

this means: if you want more experimental features and an awesome overclocking board they are no good. of course you can do some stuff with them, but not as much as with other boards. for the 939-socket e.g. the DFI Lanparty board is probably the best you can get, second is the ABIT AN8 SLI.

but if you are a "standard" user and just want a good and stable board, usually you can't make a mistake with an ASUS board, that's right :)

I have ATI, Intell, Asus and Abit. The Asus one I bought without knowing the Motherboard type. I have a few ATI's and the Abit/Intell's are in most of my servers.

Personally I like the Intell, Abit and ATI ones. . just my personal note in this topic ;)

current status:

hardware01.jpg

hopefully to come this year:

- soon: 5.1 headset & new soundcard

- after that: new mouse (mx1000 is great, but just to heavy for fast shooters) + mousepad

- end of 2006 -> new system: cpu, board, gfx, hdds, psu, silent fans - either built into the centurion 5 case or into a shuttle barebone

• 1 month later...