what hardware are you going to buy in 2006...?

I like mine too... I use the (yet pretty good) onboard soundcard of my new mainboard to connect the pc via coax-cable to my amplifier and 5.1 surround set. I buy an additonal soundcard & headset just for gaming... and this stuff will cost about 300

You lack a headphone amp, though. I don't have one either, and I've been dying to get it. They cost a lot. The one I want, which is kind of a compromise between quality and price, costs $1 000.

The headphones are cheaper, though. They only cost $330. I can't buy them before I got the amp...

Headphone amp? That's an amplifier for your headphones...

My Sennheiser HD595 are one of the few good cans that can run without one. However, I'm not satisfied with them. I want either the Sennheiser HD600 or Beyerdynamic DT880. I've thought about Grado and AKG too, of course.

some of my stuff arrived today: the psu, 3x250gb hdds and the 2048mb gskill ram

some other stuff is on its way and my board and cpu are at some postoffice (they don't know at which right now, lol)

the gfx-card is my worst trouble. it won't be available before 30.09.2006  :-

I see you're going for the same keyboard as I have... The Eclipse.

I love it! I hope you do too. The keys are a bit too plastic-ish, as I hoped them to be aluminum... However, it wasn't that big of a letdown.

it's very different. what did bother me most with the first edition is the fat screws at every edge of the keyboard. also the second edition features 3 colors in one, so you can change it and it also has a button for controlling the brightness of the light. it also has a different colour and shape.

but the most important thing - the keys themselves - is not different.  :)

ps: I got my mainboard and cpu today... as well als coolers, fans, cables and stuff.

I'm waiting for my video card so I can finally build this pc and get it running. also some other stuff is missing like the soundcard (besides the onboard sound) and headset and windowpanel, mousepad and keyboard... but the most important parts have arrived now.

So the lights is the new thing with the Eclipse II... I very seldom use the light; only when it's dark in my room, and red is my favourite colour. :P

Anyway, your new parts are very promising. Please let me know how they run when you get them together.

I decided to cancel my video-card order. the shop says it won't be available before 05.10.

so I'll go and buy a cheaper card (7600GS) tomorrow at a local shop around for 100 bucks which I will sell in about 3 months on ebay and buy one of the the new nvidia g80-chip cards which are announced for nov./dec.

that did it... I bought a cheap video-card which will guide me past the next few weeks until the next generation nvidia gpus will be available. so I build my new pc yesterday. it is up and running. it's absolutely ultra silent. I only got 3x120 fans in it (1x cpu / 1x rear / 1x psu) and they are so silent I sometimes wonder if the pc is running. the video-card came with passive cooling. temperatures are okay (though I haven't tested 24/7 gaming  ;D

cpu temperature is amazingly low... the big fat cooler is really great.

so now what's missing?

- headset (arrives in the next 1-3 days)

- case side-panel with window

- new saitek eclipse II keyboard

- mousepad

( maybe a new mouse)

(nvidia next-gen gpu in 2-4 months)

I took some pictures, but actually I spend most of the time with building the system and was too lazy to grap the camera every couple minutes... but still I made a few:

http://planetvek.de/pc.html

Thanks for the pictures :) I like those big neon fans.

Not much new for me last month. Just bought another Linksys router for myself (which I already regret now 2 days after I bought it) and I expect a 1u casing somewhere next week.

I liked the motherboard. (It's from Asus; how can you not love it?)

But the cpu cooler... No copper?  :O I mean... NO FREAKING COPPER WHATSOEVER???  :O :O :O

I let only copper touch my cpu. Everything else defiles it.

my headset arrived today. and I also bought a coax-cable to connect the pc with my amp so I can have awesome sound. headset is mostly for gaming then...

yesterday I also tuned the look inside the pc by putiing the cables in a better place, hide some of them and so on. my new keyboard, the mousepad and the window-sidepanel are on their way, I guess I can fetch them at the post office friday morning. I'll make some more photos of the "finished product" then and the whole workplace at my home.

maybe I'll start overclocking on saturday too

I'm so pissed...

my order with the new keyboard, the sidepanel and the mousepad arrived today.

the keyboard looks great... but those idiots sent me a wrong side panel. it's for a completely different case and not even the manufacturer is the same. don't ask me how they could mix this up. and the mousepad sucks too. so I'll have to got to the post office once again, send back that stuff and wait for a replacement. I was so glad I could finish everything this weekend... but no...  :(

case still isn't finished yet. but today I spend some time experimenting with some overclocking.

I knew the "conroe" cpus are nice for overclocking and I overclocked it 800mhz  :)

the best part is: I didn't have to increase the vcore. I think the cpu has more potential and if I increase the vcore and II could get more out of it. but it's okay the way it is, I'm happy. I got 3,2ghz now instead of the default 2,4ghz but still get along with the default vcore and temperatures are awesome. I will have to run a 24h stability test but I guess this won't be a problem. I also overclocked the ram from a ddr2-800 to ddr2-890 but still with the sharp 4-4-4-12 timings. pretty sweet. maybe I'll overclock the videocard too. but it has passive cooling and so I don't know if I can go very far because of too much heat. anyway... here's a little screenshot for you if someone is interested:

http://www.planetvek.de/main/images/hardware/overclock.jpg

*update* PICTURES:

http://www.planetvek.de/pc.html