HELP-Atreides last mission error

Dezertfish

I have beaten It to the Atreides last mission, I have captured/destroyed all of the HArkonnen bases except for the top left one.  I start to rush the base with devastators/Sardaukar/sonic tanks/missiletanks/and fremen and I get a message: You may not build any more units or structures.  At first I was like, okay since I've already got about 200 sardaukar and fremen, but then I find that I cannot damage my opponents units or structures unless I detonate a devastator or run them over(infantry).  HELP what can I do? I have tried restarting the mission and this time I tried to take out that base before the emporers one and had this same problem halfway through. Please help me as I do not want to just give up.

I can build devastators until I get the message.  Then when I build more units or buildings they will complete but when they should pop out, (or when I try to place them), nothing happens.  I cannot build saboteurs since the Ordos were destroyed in the last mission and never existed in this mission.  If I took the Emporer's base first I can build Sardaukar though (Before the error)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In dune 2000, there is a limit on how many units can exist at once. What you have to do is lose some of your units so the game can run again. Then you can continue playing normally.

Yes I noticed that as well when playing a large skirmish on The Funeral Plain. I wanted to see how much base I could build, and I reached a stage where I couldn't build anything anymore. Losing units/structures or making it so that some units/structures are destroyed somehow, appears to be the only way to get the game running normally again.

hmmm you have 200 fremen and sarduka that means you you must have been on level 8 for at least 2 hours. what are you doing ? level 8 takes a maximum of 25 minits to complete. dont waste your time building fremen,if the a1 have only 1 base left take 20 combat tanks and kill it,dont hide in your base surounded by fremen and turrets. :)