Dune Emperor Battle For Dune Expansion Pack Announced

Nuvollari

Is it quite possible for regular people (ie us on the forums) to make a simple expansion? Say introduce a new sub house and a few new units to each team? maybe a different strategy to the way the game is played also? or is it to hard to get into the core files?

The closest thing we could get next to an expansion is to download a mod, wich have been made. If everyone has the mod, they can be played online. In the past i tryed playing with the "Corrino" mode

or sumthing, but not many people went for the mod, so we wouldnt do it.

If someone made a good mod and whole community would use it, then we could all play with it online.

And im up for it, if theres a good mod and whole community would be willing to use it aswell, then theres no stoppage to an expansion.

Would be great though, we could all be noobs once again and start experimenting :)

well, i dont want a secound episode of emp, coz a sequel should come after 1 or 2 years maximum

from first episod...or it wont work coz no one will remeber first episode.u wanna come and tell

me this is the escound part of a series that was on tv at 1970...  i will say what the hell the

firts part was.. and were have u been all those years to make the secound part????

what should be done is a new revolution in the game new bload and new technology.

even to continue  to dune 3 or 4 is ok but i think a new start. would be cool

some good tiltes for new game:

1_ dune the remaking

2_ new dawn

3_  dune saga

what i expect from EA not a game to shot our mouth with or just do it like a duty.

i expect new rts breack throw just like westood did it in the 1990

using all those new  tech dune can still be creative and can have new dimention

haw about like  having a parts of a game called risk in it. when u can make big empiers and

need to use stratrgy to divert ure troops on the front line. and take more land and so..

not only the one map stratrgy  that exesist now...

haw about if u can go in to ure factoryes befor game start. and build up ure tanks just like u make cars on need for speed then choose ure weapons just like u do on delta force game. and offcorse u must buy all this if u have spice from prevouis games just like space treading games

milons of ideas can be done with the new computers powers,,  rts can make a new breack throw with

the game that  gave burth to rts... its the mother and only here can creat.

but  EA  just dont know am not angree at them i just prety them sacrfying all those dune

experts and closing down wol

Well, maybe if me and JulesG combine we could make a near enough Expansion pack.

Although in my eyes I would want to replace Ordos with an Imperial (Corrino) side who control the Sardaukar, add Richese in place of the Sardaukar as a subhouse, bring Fremen under the control of Atreides as they were before but make them a high tech level eg you have to build a palace to buy them, and add Smugglers as another faction in place of Fremen as a subhouse. 

Alrighty

i want you guys to do 2 things for me, that is, if u decide to go through with the mod makeing ...

2 things when i came to Emperor from Dune 2000 that bugged me seriously and i was not happy with ...

First however, Dunenewt, i really dont think that Emperor (Corrino) house should be brought in ... why? Simply, cos there is no Emperor anymore, Corrino was toast in Dune 2k, in EB4D corrinos dead and the Arrakis is up for Grabs. Corrino just doesnt fit in the picture when looking at storyline.

Now, even if you do decide to bring in Corrino with some twist (son of him or sumthing, cos real corrino died) ... the Sardaukar however, should not obey him, since house Corrino would not be the ruling house anymore. Sardaukar were free and looked someone to join aswell as other subhouses.

Now my 2 things

1) The Sardaukar should be joining a House, that should be house Harkonnen ... why? simply, cos Harkonnen are in many ways similar to Sardaukar and visa versa. And with no more fat, disgusting, idiot Baron leading the Harkonnen, there shouldnt be any complications.

The Fremen should join Atreides and Ix ordos. Everything fits

And that would leave like atleast 3 new subhouses to come in ....

2) And secondly, for heavens sake, loose the friggin devastator MECHS, and bring back the good old  rolling thunders, Devastator TANKS - lose the mech, lose some aromour, lose some hp, gains SPEED, And change the way the damn thing fires its plasma cannon (right now it fires pussy drops of water with no sound effect), CHANGE THE WAY IT LOOKS. Look at Dune 2000 Dev - now thats a sigth ... take that as ure basis, the damn thing is a monster TANK, it roams the dunes and fires with thunder a huge Plasma ball wich makes nice cracking sound on impact.

And maybe ... once again i can play House Harkonnen :)

I think one or two new units per faction plus a new sub-house would be a standard, maybe if we follow Harkdawg's idea about joining Ix, Sard, Frem to their respective house then add a new sub house and give the 3 un aligned sub-houses (tilix, guild and the new one) 3 units (so add another to tilix and guild, make them more playable).

I already thought of an idea but don't know how it would be accepted, but along with super weapons being available at the palace have an upgrade function for it and allow a super vehicle for each house. These vehicles are all subteranian (move under the sand like a sand worm) and are all quite powerful with different uses.

Atredies get a sort of aircraft carrier from red alert 2 mixed with an apc, it can fit X amount of units depending on how

much "space" they take up (say it has 20 units of space and a minotauros fills 3 and an inf 1) and it has landing bays for four ornithopters which it releases (after surfacing) when you tell it to attack something and when they return it repairs and re-arms them.

Harkonen get a suicide big double ended drill machine which pops up somewhere and unleashes a whole lot of inkvine bombs, missile tank rockets and the rotating middle fires machine gun (similar to the sardukar) although this vehicle is easily destroyed. This is a  use once vehicle.

The Ordos would get a less exciting but still powerful mechanical sand worm, not as powerful as normal sandworms but has the same functions (deploy is when it comes straight out from underneath and eats more than one).

All of these have time delay before you can start building them and cost a decent amount, but should be worth it.

Anyway these are just some sugestions, I havent seen many strategy games with super units, maybe this is because they have been tried and don't work but its worth a sugestion.

It is subterranean.

And the plasma shots DO have sound. I like the devastator as it is. It looks cool enough, and packs quite a punch. Although it's more practical to use them with advanced carryalls... I prefer the outright way to walking devastators into the enemy base. It's supposed to be daunting, right?

go ahead make new mode. no one will playe it.it will end in dune2k archive just like the rest.what we need is a small box of cds with ea lable on it to mark the mking of a new game.6 years is a lot in games age

this game is aged and near death and it dont need any new plastic surgery

dawg. ure dam right but what the hell .harks are still stronger even without there beloved dev,who knows maybe if u have ure chain rolling dev

peapol would still make buzez u see.look at atr sonic it went right to the rackage yard coz evry one want to make biks,i think even if dev moved faster and shoot loader minos will still rule

Remember that if everyone has the mod, it is possible to use it in multiplayer. And ra's server could force the download I think, like wol did with patches. In other words we could make our very own unofficial expansion pack, and with elite players to offer advice on balance.

Timenn and Cyborg have made modswappers. Try looking in the downoload section of dune2k.

Well, maybe if me and JulesG combine we could make a near enough Expansion pack.

I am presently working on my own thoughts on an Expansion pack...if Conflict mod ever sees the light of day that is! :P

...but I expect no-one will like my choices, and it will never be played online... :-

...but then that has been true for all the old mods as in the end EBFD is really 90% of what anyone could want from a game... :)

...and the other 10% has caused more arguments on this forum than I care to remember! ;)

Forced Download on Server ?!?!?! THATS GREAT :) then everyone would have it :) sweet, if u wanna play original go to Xwis and exp on RA.

However, before the "expansion" would be made, we'd need to know more-less how many of us would be willing to play it. Cos if only me and couple others would, then theres not much point to make it. However if most of us are willing to play it, then it should be made.

Secondly, the expansion could not be just made by someone and suddenly forced on us. We'd have to discuss many things, the creators need to take our advice into consideraion and have COMMON SENSE.

I mean Dark_Magics, some things u mentioned b4 were quite crazy and wild .....

Basically, the "expansion" shouldnt really be like , huge amounts of new stuff, and green energy balls crawling under sand and eating rocks, with triple miniguns and so on ..... thats kind of ... moronic IMHO :)

It should be more of a patch really, some new subhouses and some new/modified units, while keeping the balance and gameplay close to Original cos thats what we all love in the first place. No need to make something that would change the gameplay, nonsense. Just added/modified units, that we could use, while still playing the game the way weve been playing it the past 6 years.

No need for Minotaur V2 - the one that shoots nuclear rockets at wider range and carrys a aa platform with stealth detection ... see my point? Or wormriders V2, the ones that hide under the sand while ure whole army steps on it, and BOOM IT EATS ALL .....

Forced download is my assumption, ra will have to confirm it's possible.

Secondly, the expansion could not be just made by someone and suddenly forced on us. We'd have to discuss many things, the creators need to take our advice into consideraion and have COMMON SENSE.

That's why an expansion by the community would rock. Now there are elite players that would understand the impact of new units on the game and advise the creator how to balance it.

Last, but not least, since the community is small we could include everyone as a hero unit hehe...but building them should be a very rare occasion, ie needing buildings from all houses, high cost and time.