Sardauker & Stealth Raider

Bazza02

Ive recently downloaded the v1.06, and i have 2 questions, so far my impression of a Sardauker is a light infantry wiv better looks and slower reload, and the Stealth Raiders how does their "stealth" work???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The Sardaukar don't use rockets against tanks but like the fremen, when they fire at tanks they do equally damage as to infantry but with the fremen you hear a different gun-sound when they fire upon vehicles.

The sardaukar doesn't explode when run over but they do a little damage to tha vehicle

I think that he's right. In fact, i think sardaukar are fremen, they just look different and don't have stealth. Fremen don't have incredible damage, or fast attack rate either. But they do have long range, and do same damage vs. vehicles as they they do to infantry. I don't consider them useless. Though a bit more armor would definetly be worth it, or lower the price to let's say... 150.

sardukar are a very good unit to use in suport, mixed up with your tanks, they do a lot of damage vs any unit and are a lot lot tougher than normal infintry, trust me devs and sarukar are a great cobination, stelph raiders can be seen by men but you can normaly sneak them into bases if you are carfull, or if you want to harvy hunt they work well for that

• 4 weeks later...

Ive recently downloaded the v1.06, and i have 2 questions, so far my impression of a Sardauker is a light infantry wiv better looks and slower reload, and the Stealth Raiders how does their "stealth" work???

You need Light-Factory plus HiTech-Factory to produce Stealth raiders.

Then produce two groups of them, use hit and run tactics, attack harvesters and block barracks exit.

Another undocumented feature: never call a caryall to repair, Stealth Raiders are revealed when waiting a caryall.

• 4 weeks later...

I think that he's right. In fact, i think sardaukar are fremen, they just look different and don't have stealth. Fremen don't have incredible damage, or fast attack rate either. But they do have long range, and do same damage vs. vehicles as they they do to infantry. I don't consider them useless. Though a bit more armor would definetly be worth it, or lower the price to let's say... 150.

email me and i will send you the files so that will happen... :P

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In the 'Clash of the Landsraad' mod the Sardaukar are stronger and every side can get them with Starport.

The whole mod is aimed at stronger infantry that cannot be overrun with tanks.

To quote the creator:

A strong infantry force is a must-have in the early stages of the game and will remain effective throughout.

You can download the mod from this website and my fan website (see signature for link).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...