RA1024's SERVER IS THE PLACE TO BE !!

OK, so now I've found people online, I have another problem. My ping is constantly 1000, so it's no sense in even trying to play, right? Is there any way to improve my ping (not just for EBfD, but for games in general)?Also, it's been recommended that I lower my graphics level, which makes sense, but why do I need to change my game speed? Shouldn't it automatically default to the game speed of the host?

OK, so now I've found people online, I have another problem. My ping is constantly 1000, so it's no sense in even trying to play, right? Is there any way to improve my ping (not just for EBfD, but for games in general)?Also, it's been recommended that I lower my graphics level, which makes sense, but why do I need to change my game speed? Shouldn't it automatically default to the game speed of the host?

Pico ignore the ping rating... you probably have a firewall which masks your ping.

Yes, I guess the firewall is masking my true ping. I never thought of that. I will continue to make all the necessary changes in order to get the best in-game performance possible. I have two in-game names : "markpicco" and "piccohost", I have a LAN set up so I need two names so I can have games at my house. I'll probably use both of them equally.

Hope to see you all online!

Oh, one final thing, which server usually has more people, RA1024 or the other XWIS one? Both had people last time I was there.

XWIS has more people for now... but we will eventually migrate to RA1024's server as the cool features are just too much to pass up.  Just go to XWIS for now and when RA is done testing his server we will switch over and let you know when it will happen.

well, if u have a firewall, and the server cant count ur ping, than he writes down a 1000. so maybe u r faster but the server cant c it, or u have realy a bad ping. do u have a firewall with dissabled ping?

RA1024's Server is now ready for mass switchover.

I will be hosting my games on there from now on. (unless of course i see a ton of people already on XWIS)

Main thing is that everyone should be checking both online pages when looking for people.. dont just check the XWIS server

Click to see who is currently playing on the XWIS server.

Click to see who is currently playing on RA1024's server.

See ya there.

Check the First post in this thread for details.

Looks like the network connection was interrupted tonight for about 5-10 minutes.  When I checked on it, the server was up and I connected fine.  Since the game server was still functioning and everyone lost a connection, my guess is our router either dropped and reloaded or more likely our upstream provider had a problem or was doing maintenance.

I've fixed a few bugs and will update the server tomorrow when I can keep an eye on it and make sure the changes didn't break anything.

RA

Good work Ra1024 the features are excellent and a few bugs in the 1st few weeks can only be expected, at least your monitoring and fixing the poblems unlike EA did with WOL.

It brilliant to be able to see whose online whilst in a room and ideal for keeping track of those multi nickers.  ;)

I've fixed a few of the bugs affecting how games display in the lobby and put a new copy running on 72.17.137.10 right now.  If anyone has time to try this staging server and let me know if games load ok, that would be a big help.  Just login to 72.17.137.10 and try to load at least 3 games (you don't have to actually play the game out).  If the new version loads 3 without a problem, I'll update the live server (72.17.137.93).

Here's a few things I'll be adding over the next few days.

1) /online -> basically will list out who is online if you're in a lobby or even inside a game.

2) /lobby -> list games so you can do a lobby check while playing or inside another game lobby.

3) /ping nick -> do a quick ping test to show latency to a player from the server.

RA

Hey RA, would you be able to send the game results to the dune2k.com server like Olaf does with XWIS?

Yea that's no problem.  I thought it was already in there but it looks like I had that disabled for some reason.  Is this the ip they should be directed to?

RA