what makes you a good player?

spicy

"What makes you a good player?"

Good player? One who completes the game without cheating, cursing and swearing at his less-skilful partner for "causing him to lose the game" or whining and complaining about "unfairness" and having a partner who "sucks". Basically, sportsmanship, or in this case - gamesmanship.

...so.....not youknowl0rd ?  ;)

IM game for that.

I was hoping for that last night but the game was empty of players for the 20 minutes i waited, DEAD. huh

Try messenger. I was on with scar today, and within about 5-10 mins of calling people from messenger, we had about 8-9 players, plenty enough for a few good games.

Heck, go on now, there are about that number on now.    go.  shoo.  ;D

pft gamesmanshit if my partner is doin stupid stuff wich oblitterates my hard effort i put in to win a game u gonna know for sure. We can talk about gamesmanshit all we wanna, but nobody likes to lose, and surely not because of a partner that doesnt measure up to some basic things you could expect from anybody who is more or less to be considered intelligent and in the possesion of basic form of situational awareness.

Gamesmanshit can be expected up to a certain level of stupidity, just as normal intelligent ppl should not be expected to take more stupid stuff from others than nessecary. And since when is criticism considered as bad gamesmanshit lmao forget it man thats just human nature

ya hear that spicy  ::)

Good player? One who completes the game without cheating, cursing and swearing at his less-skilful partner for "causing him to lose the game" or whining and complaining about "unfairness" and having a partner who "sucks". Basically, sportsmanship, or in this case - gamesmanship.

I have experienced a few skilful players who lack gamesmanship.

Actually if you check the defininitions.

Gamesmanship   

1. The art or practice of using tactical manoeuvres to further one's aims or better one's position:

I have experienced a few skilful players who lack gamesmanship.

Well, I feel your pain but, I'm not playing to learn about how your day was, have tea or Bon-Bon's, I'm playing to kick some ass.  ;)

guys, after all this off topic talk about my post i say you still dont get the meaning of it.

i will try to say it again in a more clear way:

at dune2k  web site there is strategy corner were i found the emprowom tips and tacktics you wont belive haw mutch i learned from it and i am still learning as i read it again and again emproworm is just amazing guy .its just that he left and not updating anymore i know there is players like him around and surly they have good strategyes. what i mean to say cant we make a new corner like emprowom page or a sticky were we can see haw to make bos and bases and micro uints and sutch...

please if you dont understand what i am saying dont reply.

Well, I feel your pain but, I'm not playing to learn about how your day was, have tea or Bon-Bon's, I'm playing to kick some ass. ;)

I ain't talking about how my day was, bro. Yeah if you are playing to kick some ass, by all means go ahead. Just remember to maintain your discipline and sportsmanship.

what i mean to say cant we make a new corner like emprowom page or a sticky were we can see haw to make bos and bases and micro uints and sutch...

please if you dont understand what i am saying dont reply.

Well, we do have a corner, it's called the Strategy board, and it's a good place to post your strategy questions, if you read it, you will most likley find your answers there. I know some of the "Elites" still read and post there...

yes man i know it its so silly like you have someone asking stuppied stuff

about can he make the sards eat pizza and so .. i dont want to sit and chat with nobs well the idea is to go on with emproworm page and folow his style or even try to update that same page with new stuff. u wont belive it voodo

no matter haw i read that page i learn new things i just notice the way he maks the base from back to front so the base cant be hit from behind and am just trying to practice it now .i allwayes read strategy board i never learned anything from it.its just i realy dont have any question i just wanna 

hear deffrent things just like the way emproworm tell it his amazing guy

emproworm is just amazing guy.

Ok empworm you just gave it away, we all know its you hiding under that nick, pull off the sheeps clothing so we can welcome you back ^-^

j/k it would be funny though .... even though its been tried before by a few ppl here....

"Oh don't mind so-n-so thats just my brother...." ::)

what i mean to say cant we make a new corner like emprowom page or a sticky were we can see haw to make bos and bases and micro uints and sutch..

Yea Emprworm his site has been very usefull for many players, especially new players. When emprworm made that site, there were many bad/new players, so it was very usefull. But nowadays... now 9 of the 10 players is good.. and like 1 of 2 people knows about all (good) strategies that excist on emperor. I just mean, emperor doesn't have any secrets anymore for us! And there are also not many new players coming to emperor.. so i'm not sure.. is it usefull to make a new site for now ?  :-

But I'dd be very happy to help with such a site if we're going to make one !!

"Schorpie's 30K EITS n00b rush"  ;D 8) ;D

is it usefull to make a new site for now ?  :-

I don't think it would help any at all, I can't tell you how many times i've tried to help people with BO's etc, and never once do 90% of them ever listen. And thats tryin to give direct help in 1v1's. So I really don't see how a new site would be that much more help than what is here already.

I think a better way would be to just have them post that they need help and will take advice as given without arguing that they know better and never listen to what help we are trying to give them. I would gladly help someone anytime.

Dr. Yueh!  Ouch!  Dissin' the AI like that! An AI, mind you, thats always been nice to you and let you win! Shame on you.

Actually, I plan on getting online this weekend. I'm looking forward to having my butt soundly stomped. 

Between a 1 year old and work the wee hours of Saturday and Sunday morning are the only times I can commit to a game without fear of interruption. Is anyone on then?

Depends on your idea of wee hours of the morning. What time zone you in ?

Usually around 9pm GMT - 6am GMT there are games to be had. Other times as well, but those are "safe" times, usually (safe meaning safe chance of getting a game).