Star Wars: Episode III - and what I didn't like (SPOILERS!)

Dude_Doc

Well, I saw this third and "final" film at the premiere, and I mostly liked it, but I still can't come over some things.

First of all: BE ON THE GROUND! "What?" you may ask. That's right - everything seemed to just fly around, to float in the air in this movie. For example, Count Dooku has to jump and make a double-spin in the air, he can't just go down the stairs like normal people do. Palpatine, Yoda (okay, we saw that in Ep2, but still).

Directly after the movie, this came up. If Palpatine and Dooku can make all these spins and jumps, then how come Ben Kenobi can't do that when he is fighting Darth Vader in Episode IV? Sure, they created the first three episodes after Ep4-6, but I think that they should stay on the ground instead of literally flying around all over the place. I think that it is the psykology of the battle that is the greater part in the battle, not how good you are at acrobatics.

I also didn't like that Yoda and Palpatine fought with lightsabers - they should have fought with the Force instead. Going back to lightsabers - too many of them in the movie too! It seems that everywhere the characters look there's a lightsaber.

The end was also kind of... not well done. If I were behind that scene, then I would remove the whole "standing-on-the-robots" scene, as well as Kenobi cutting of Anakin's arm and legs. Why?

Well, I first thought that it would end like many people "predicted", that Anakin would fall down in lava or something similar. But Ben, just leaving him??? Obi-Wan, who saw Anakin as his brother, as "a good friend" (from the 4-6 trilogy), his whole life was dedicated to Anakin. Even when Anakin killed the children at the Jedi Temple, he didn't turn against him until Anakin made him do so. Not only that, but the whole fact that Anakin is one (if not the) most powerful jedi ever.

And then, he just leaves? Remember that the Jedi themselves throughout the 1-3 trilogy says that friends and loved ones are not a part of a Jedi's life - a jedi protects them, but has no personal involvement. Yet, even though Ben is a master and knows these things very well, Anakin was more than just another civilian to protect, or a friend. He literally became his brother.

And if that wasn't enough, after he leaves, and even when Ben dies and becomes a "ghost", he absolutely refuses to believe that Anakin can ever be turned back to the good side. Padm

I don't like star wars at all. very boring... like most space-movies.

darth vader and the emperor's march (soundtrack) were the only 2 things i liked about star wars. and ep 1-3 is even worse than the old star wars movies

Hehehe ahh Maddox you old sock. Very entertaining stuff.

The beginning of the film was pretty slow and boring, yet when they stopped talking towards the end of the film and the soundtrack took control it was actually looking like a good film! Soundtrack was awesome and I think it really started to feel like Episode 4 with the theme of despair through-out the final scenes of the film.

I really didn't like how choppy the segments were - they included too much and in the end didn't portray anything with the attention it deserved.

Plus, the worst line in the movie was when Anakin was fighting Obi Wan and said "Well...from my point of view the Jedi are evil". Now that's some lame script.

A little off-topic question, but what is the difference between the Sith and the Dark Jedi?

It all goes back to the history of Jedi and the Sith. There was a time when there were only the Jedi order who based their mastery of the Force on meditation and stoicism. A group of Jedi decided that these beliefs were wrong and that Force should be mastered through strong emotions instead and there was a war which banished these Jedi (later known as Dark Jedi) to Koribban. On Koribban, they found a primitive race of people, known as the Sith and made themselves masters of that race (which is why they are known as Sith Lords - Lords over the Sith). This Sith race itself however possessed great potential for becoming Force sensitive and these Dark Jedi trained more of their kind from that race. Eventually however, as well as race, Sith came to be known as the belief of the Sith Lords itself:

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

Through passion, I gain strength.

Through strength, I gain power.

Through power, I gain victory.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Force shall free me.

These Dark Jedi with the rest of the Sith later retreated in most part to the Unknown regions of space after losing the war to the Jedi Order or were destroyed.

What came afterwards was the New Sith empire, with almost no racial ties to the old, but a lot of the same beliefs. This New Sith empire was established by recently fallen Jedi of the Jedi Order - namely Revan and Malak if you played any of the KOTOR games. Some latter events led to an almost complete destruction of both the new Sith and the Jedi Order. But eventually at some point, as you know, Sidious arose as the Dark lord of the Sith, after as he told us, killing his master Darth Plagueis in his sleep.

Yea Sith is an actual race of people (or can be someone who follows their ideology).

Dark jedi can be any ex-light jedi who uses the force in an evil way.

So Palpatine is not a dark jedi he is a sith.... because he never was a jedi in the first place.

Vader is a dark jedi because he was a good jedi but then fell.

You cannot become a dark jedi first.... you must first be trained as a light jedi and then fall to dark side.  Sith ideology is what seduces you to turn dark.

You may want to read this first before some explaining:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightsaber_combat

First of all: BE ON THE GROUND! "What?" you may ask. That's right - everything seemed to just fly around, to float in the air in this movie. For example, Count Dooku has to jump and make a double-spin in the air, he can't just go down the stairs like normal people do. Palpatine, Yoda (okay, we saw that in Ep2, but still).

Yoda is Form IV, Dooku is Form II (which he may also excel at Form IV) and Palpatine is just Palpatine. He's pretty much the only one that doesn't really jump much.

Directly after the movie, this came up. If Palpatine and Dooku can make all these spins and jumps, then how come Ben Kenobi can't do that when he is fighting Darth Vader in Episode IV? Sure, they created the first three episodes after Ep4-6, but I think that they should stay on the ground instead of literally flying around all over the place. I think that it is the psykology of the battle that is the greater part in the battle, not how good you are at acrobatics.

Dismissing the fact that Obi-Wan is old, he used to do that jumps and acrobatics in Ep 1. After Qui-Gon Jinn died (Qui Gon was a Form IV), Obi-Wan changed forms to Form III. He was a master at it, and apparently, he only died because he let Vader do so.

The end was also kind of... not well done. If I were behind that scene, then I would remove the whole "standing-on-the-robots" scene, as well as Kenobi cutting of Anakin's arm and legs. Why?

If Anakin didn't get amputated to a torso + head, and also get immolated, he really wouldn't need that Vader suit.

Well, I first thought that it would end like many people "predicted", that Anakin would fall down in lava or something similar. But Ben, just leaving him??? Obi-Wan, who saw Anakin as his brother, as "a good friend" (from the 4-6 trilogy), his whole life was dedicated to Anakin. Even when Anakin killed the children at the Jedi Temple, he didn't turn against him until Anakin made him do so. Not only that, but the whole fact that Anakin is one (if not the) most powerful jedi ever.

And then, he just leaves? Remember that the Jedi themselves throughout the 1-3 trilogy says that friends and loved ones are not a part of a Jedi's life - a jedi protects them, but has no personal involvement. Yet, even though Ben is a master and knows these things very well, Anakin was more than just another civilian to protect, or a friend. He literally became his brother.

Well, the Jedi Code is to protect, true, but after the 13 years with Anakin, as a Master to him and a friend with all their experiences, he couldn't bring himself to killing him; Obi-Wan even pleads to Yoda for him to battle Palpatine, just because he doesn't want to face Anakin. Besides, Obi-Wan had technically won - Jedi fight until their opponent cannot, in any way. Leaving them alive is always their best option. That is why cutting off their weapon hand is probably their most honorable move. Least damage and attacker is disarmed.