St.Patrick's Day

Barbarossa

Jeez, for a minute there I didn't see the word "Rip-off" and yelled inside my skull (as I'm at a library: Yelling outside my skull would get me kicked out) "HE'S GOING TO SEE DROPKICK MURPHY ON ST. PADDY'S DAY?!  ARSEHOLE!  WHY DIDN'T HE INVITE ME?!"

I've been getting my Celt on for the last week or so.  Burned my celtic music onto a CD I've been listening to periodically, been doing a ton of research for my essay on King Arthur (which includes a lot of research on the Celts, including St. Patrick, or Sucret, which is his real name), and I watched Micheal Collins on TV last night.

Monday I'm going to the liquor store and buying a large amount of Beamish Irish Stout (my favourite beer) and wenesday I'm having a movie fest with all me Celtic based movies (which amounts to three:  King Arthur, Braveheart, and The Boondock Saints).  I also have a free movie rental so I may get another with it.

Then Thursday.  Wake up the morning with my regular bowl of porridge, this time with a splash of Whiskey in it.  Then off to my class on Arthur of the Celts, then home for Celtic music and Beamish, then off to get my new computer, then more celtic music and beer, then off to a friends place, then off to the bar.

It'l be my first time out since... well, superbowl I think.  Too poor now for much else.  I intend to make the most of it.

St.Patricks Day: Get your Celt on.

Some guy I know went to America to celebrate.

Don't get it really. Would someone tell me wat Mr. Patrick did thats sooo worth celebrating?

It's just an excuse to get pissed. Which no-one can really argue with. ;D

And another thing! That Jesus guy... well he's got a nerve! ::)

Some guy I know went to America to celebrate.

Don't get it really. Would someone tell me wat Mr. Patrick did thats sooo worth celebrating?

It's just an excuse to get pissed. Which no-one can really argue with. ;D

And another thing! That Jesus guy... well he's got a nerve! ::)

http://www.americancatholic.org/Messenger/Mar1997/feature1.asp

I woke up with foam antleers and a pitcher full of mustard.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't seen it, but I remember my GCSE english teacher telling us about one school of thought about him being the son of an english monarch from the dark ages, who united the various english faction, Mercian, Northumbrian, etc.