North Korea Admits to having Nukes

Andrew

And anyway, if North Korea is such a threat, you could just invade it and overthrow its insane dictatorship. I bet that would be cheaper than building a missile shield, and (if carried out properly) it would do some good to the North Koreans, too.

The Americans would never invade a country that could do some serious damage to their invading army, not after Vietnam

The Americans would never invade a country that could do some serious damage to their invading army, not after Vietnam

Have you guys learned nothing from recent US conflicts??

We would just stealth bomb their electric plants/water plants/ etc.... launch tomahawk cruise missiles from our Navy Fleet to destroy more critical infrastructure. etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

It would be like the Iraqi war.... "Shock and Awe".

Which in turn means that they are less likely to be harmed by these countries. *shrug* Making peace with these countries via business deals is certainly one way to avoid being attacked. I'd say it's very sensible.

America's problem is that they aren't in it for the long term, they wanted Iraq to be done and dusted in a couple of months, they didn't expect that people would fight back, now they want to leave, but that would look bad in front of the public community, wrecking their infrastructure then just leaving. Now they have to stay, but the longer they stay the more the American public will grow to resnt them.

Yes, it was the 4th largest army in the world? I believe. Just prior to '90 and '91. When Norman took thier army and, for lack of a better word Pwned it in a matter of days. I like Jon stewart also, but he's certainly not a beacon of light in terms of a military strategist, or analyst.