North Korea Admits to having Nukes

Andrew

'rouge nation taking over the world' ? Sounds like something from a James Bond movie...

Iraq was pretty close.;) If they had gotten some nukes that could fly around the world, they would have eventually become the #1 superpower. Who could stop them once they got nukes?? They controlled Spice, err I mean oil.

/sarcasm

Well, the chances of a plane similar to a B-52 sneaking under radar undetected, especially during an alert status, or even time of war would be certain suicide for it entering U.S. air space.

Not really, because even during the height of the Cold War our Vulcan bombers could get through your defences undetected.

So, Edric, what you are saying is that the United States government is lying to its people about where its budget is being spent?

I don't know. I won't accuse them of lying without more tangible evidence. Right now, all I know is that the official numbers don't add up (when you compare them to the numbers given by other nations). So either some of those numbers are wrong, or I'm missing something.

@edrico --> you are missing my point again....  i know that russia is only one with nukes that can reach USA mainland..  i was saying IF a ROGUE country like Iran or N.Korea ever got ballistic nukes.  i am talking about the future.

If you're willing to blow billions of dollars on a defence system against a threat that might  (or might not) appear at some point in the future, I think you should start with an anti-asteroid shield for Earth.

If you're willing to blow billions of dollars on a defence system against a threat that might  (or might not) appear at some point in the future, I think you should start with an anti-asteroid shield for Earth.

Well, currently I prefer the anti-Rogue nations/terrorists shield over an asteroid threat. Although both would be beneficial, the first being higher priority.

Well, currently I prefer the anti-Rogue nations/terrorists shield over an asteroid threat. Although both would be beneficial, the first being higher priority.

An anti-missile shield would not give you any protection from terrorists. As for rogue nations, they're all on the other side of the world from the US, so they would have to develop missiles with an immense range in order to hit you. None of them come close to having such missiles in the present, and, if they ever do in the future, you can just bomb the launch sites.

I don't think it'd be too much of a stretch to classify the Soviet Union as both A) a threat, and B) rougish.

I agree, and considering N. korea has and does tests ICBM,s can mean only one of two things: (1) an intent to launch satellites or (2) an intent to target the United States. Testing an ICBM with a re-entry system can mean only one thing.

I don't think it'd be too much of a stretch to classify the Soviet Union as both A) a threat, and B) rougish.

A rogue nation is, by definition, one that is shunned and disliked by the international community. The Soviet Union was a superpower with allies on (almost) every continent. Therefore, I'd say it was one of the most un-rougish nations in the world.

I agree, and considering N. korea has and does tests ICBM,s can mean only one of two things: (1) an intent to launch satellites or (2) an intent to target the United States. Testing an ICBM with a re-entry system can mean only one thing.

North Korea has ICBMs...?? Are you sure? With what range?

Or an intent to resume the war with south korea, or wage war on japan, or attack any number of other countries... you Americans are so ego tistical. ;)

I fail to recall a single occasion when the US single-handedly saved the world from a 'rouge nation.' Nor can I think of any time during the last fifty years when a 'rouge nation' that was actually a threat has even existed.

DANTE, who said anything about single handed rescues?

let me be a bit more clear....

You see the US does an immense amount of Spy Satellite imaging and internal spying and collects massive amounts of data .... then they give the data and tons of cash to those within other countries to try an internal regime change.... Have you never heard of the Shah of Iran?

Who to say it really existed? Misinformation is a great tool. ::)

Err, the sarcasm was kinda implyed in my post ;)

But that's what I love about Bush, he was so adamant before the election that there were weapons, and now it's like; "So? What are you gonna do about Chirac..."  Brilliant. I like him more and more every day. ;D

You see the US does an immense amount of Spy Satellite imaging and internal spying and collects massive amounts of data ....

The united states has many black covert ops going on keeping the world in check. Aside from those black ops ....we also fund those with our own interest (like helping afghanistan fight the USSR) and we impose strong sanctions against nations that dont do what we say (such as reducing or stopping food shipments).

So does China, UK and many other countries, and soon, the EU and China wont even be relying on the US GPRS system, as we'll have a more advanced version.  One of the very few reasons the EU is a good thing although the decision to  give China in it was a stupid one.

Try to think a little a more outside the box and not so one-dimensionally. 

http://www.missilethreat.com/missiles/taep-o-dong-2_north_korea.html  They have had ICBM missles (as well as nuke ICBM's) for some time. The ranges will surely only get greater.

June 17, 2004 :: News

"North Korea in May successfully tested a rocket engine for its long-range Taepo-Dong II missile, reports the Joongang Ilbo South Korean newspaper. The test was said to have taken place in early May, at the Musudan missile complex, in the North Hamgyong province some 120 miles from the Russian border. The paper cited