Target: Bush

Again, it's not what he says but what he does. I, too, am pretty disgusted to hear some people wish other people dead. It represents a total disregard for life, not to mention it's completely irrational. But that's what emotions can do to a person, and I have no doubt that what President Bush has done in his term has made many people very angry. This anger brings irrationality, and that's when the death wish comes out. Disgusting, irrational, yet understandable. Not that I am angry from what he has done, but then again I am not personally affected by his actions.

Personally I would celebrate quite unashamedly if Bush were to die, and even merrily too, if it were painful. If it were feasible (i.e. affordable) I'd probably nip over to the US to do a bit of grave-dancing as well. I really have no shame about being smug when people I don't like die. Why should anyone else?

Again, it's not what he says but what he does. I, too, am pretty disgusted to hear some people wish other people dead. It represents a total disregard for life, not to mention it's completely irrational. But that's what emotions can do to a person, and I have no doubt that what President Bush has done in his term has made many people very angry. This anger brings irrationality, and that's when the death wish comes out. Disgusting, irrational, yet understandable. Not that I am angry from what he has done, but then again I am not personally affected by his actions.

I could understand that Afghani (?) or Iraqi who lost family members to US soldiers would hate the US and wish death to their leaders, but the people on this forum have no excuse. Excepting Dust Scout of course, 'cause he's an evil bastard ;)

Well families of troops who went to Iraq and died would have a good reason to hate bush.

Yes, Bush was protecting freedom, even though Iraq is halfway across the world, and according to Moore, no US citizen has ever been killed by an Iraqi (or something like that). Whoa, Iraq was a big threat to the US. ::) Quite frankly, China or North Korea were bigger threats, but they would be harder to kill.

So what? It was an issue here in the Netherlands shortly ago: an imam had said on television that he would be happy if a certain parliament member, one who often criticises islam, died. Of course a lot of peole were pissed off to hear him say that. Even if somebody says something you totally disagree with it's still disgusting to cheer over his grave.

If he only says something you totally disagree with, then of course it's disgusting to cheer over his grave. But if he does something you consider utterly repugnant and immoral, and if he does it on a large scale, then it makes perfect sense to attempt to stop him - by any means necessary.

Dancing over the grave of political leaders is a perfectly fair practice. Wouldn't all of us dance over the grave of Saddam Hussein, or Kim Jong-Il, or any other leader that is universally regarded as evil?

What I've read here makes me thing people here have no regard for the value of life.

On the contrary. Wishing the death of a leader who is responsible for death and suffering shows you care a lot about human life. (I'm not talking about Bush here - I'm talking about a general principle)

I could understand that Afghani (?) or Iraqi who lost family members to US soldiers would hate the US and wish death to their leaders, but the people on this forum have no excuse. Excepting Dust Scout of course, 'cause he's an evil bastard ;)

Aww, thanks! :) Not often I get compliments like that...

Slight technical note though; I don't hate the US per se, just Bush and everyone who works with him.

Actually, how many people really hate Bush? Apparently, because I'm seeking pro-democrat sources, it seems that there are more Bush-haters than lovers.

Which is why I am devasted at the fact that Bush won the elections - both EVs and... popular vote.

So is it just me or are we having too many democrats around here?

Too black and white. There are democrats who like Bush, and even more non-democrats who don't. Besides, there are only so many people who dislike Bush here because the most vocal Bush-supporter has, fortunately, gone quiet again.

"So is it just me or are we having too many democrats around here?"

If, by "here", you mean Fed2k, most of its members don't come from the US, so the opinion you get of Bush will be a more holistic one, even if it's not representative of the support he receives at home.

Put another way, a president who doesn't care about the international

Also bear in mind that the political spectrum does not hang between Democrat and Republican, but extends to many other views. Personally, I find Kerry far too right-wing.

I used to simply link non-republicans to being left-wing and republicans to being right-wing... so what do these wings actually mean? there is no dictionary that explains this...

also, if kerry were to become president, would that make the republicans left-wing?

• 3 weeks later...