NOD vs GDI war

Seal89999

I played using NOD yesterday against 2 AIs on a custom map filled with almost 100 of every setting and my whole horde of artillery really worked. I camped just within firing range of the enemy and before I did that, I used a few buggies and bikes to distract the enemy and then my artilleries came in and smacked everything to dust within just 3 minutes or so. All the enemy units got blown apart.

"Global Defense Initiative" 1 570 results vs "Brotherhood of Nod" 2 740 results

Nod wins!

GDI 519 000 results vs Nod 2 280 000 results

Nod wins!

Even Google knows the truth.

Well obviously with words like Brotherhood and Nod, two pretty mundane words, and GDI is an Abreviation, whilst Nod is just a word...

I put the apostrhopes because of that. You know if you write only Global Defense Initiative, you get billions of hits because of the word global.

hmm using google right now

Results 1 - 10 of about 519,000 for GDI

Results 1 - 10 of about 188,000 for global defence initiate

Results 1 - 10 of about 777,000 for global defence initiative

vs.

Results 1 - 10 of about 15,800 for brotherhood of nod

Results 1 - 10 of about 2,220,000 for nod

I liked nods cool little cyborgs and chem. missles but hte microwave tanks, orcas and titans did it for me+ the mammoth owned

I suppose so. And one drawback of the Mammoth is that if you don't use it, it doesn't cover it's costs. But, the Mutant Hijacker (at 1,850 credits) is no cheap unit himself. That, and it is most likely that the vehicle he steals won't be able to kill too much before dying. If a GDI commander uses his Mammoth well, on the other hand, the Mammoth can destroy whole bases without too much assistance. Now, a refinery is 2,000, at least one harvester is 1,400, a war factory is 2,000, a con-yard is 2,500 (MCV)... add that all up, and a 3,000 credit Mammoth covers it's costs.

EDIT: And, in general, I never want to see 1,850 credits invested in an infantry unit that is, essentially, an engineer for vehicles. There are units that can kill him in one shot or run him over, and when he dies, that's the equivalent of two Tick Tanks and a Rocket Infantry going down with one hit or being squashed. This is also why I tend not to use Ghost Stalker unless I have lots of refineries and my opponent doesn't.

He was using logic and smarts....something GDI lacks.....

That was a pretty large GDI force...and the NOD force was outnumbered...so he outsmarted the GDI and used sneaky...crafty tactics to mask the force from the GDI.....

Only the good GDI commanders, and GDI has none.

they were all killed from the first C & C series ending when they all go to the whitehouse for dinner and Nod takes over the ION canno thru cyberspace hacking and puts a beam right thru the whitehouse....

Man i loved that ending....

Just before NOD appeared in 2030 again, what happened to them in the last few years of the 20th/first few years of the 21st centuries? Were they reduced to smithereens or something? GDI seemed like they had controlled the whole globe in 2030 just before NOD suddenly appeared...

Yeah, the storyline ending is that Kane is killed in the destruction of Nod's temple at Sarajevo, as seen in the final GDI mission from Command & Conquer. That's where you pick up from in Tiberian Sun.

Also, in Firestorm, both campaigns operate on the assumption that the GDI storyline was played. Kane is dead in both versions, impaled by McNeil in Cairo. So, in both games, it seems the GDI storyline is heavily favored.

And about GDI commanders? Weigh the best and brightest military leaders from across the globe to a rag-tag group of criminals, thugs and terrorists. I mean, come on! General Vega? General Hassan? You guys have real winners, there. GDI had, what? General Sheppard, General Solomon*, and General Cortez. All competent leaders.

*James Earl Jones, man.