False prophet or not?

Mahdi

That's right Mahdi, I can't prove Jesus was a true prophet, I'll let you draw your own conclusions what that means to me ;)

What seperates life from machine is in fact the impulsive act, life forms have the ability to originate ideas and actions, while machines do not. What Jessica did was out of love for her mate (something scientists have a hard time explaining).

To me that shows "love conquers all", not a divine plan :)

Great just stop all talks about anything and everything we should stop talking about this and we should stop talking about that. I never got the idea that we were not getting along who says that we always have to agree with one another? And even if we disagree is it the end of the world? Whatever man give me a break. Shaddam_Corrino I agree with what you said earlier about the "censure brigade".

I agree with Fed, this arguing has done nothing more than teaching us all both sides of the argument. It has taught the unknowledged, it has retaught the experienced, it has brought us to coexist in one point in which we would come together and tell one another our views, perhaps...just perhaps...we have saved the universe...

P.S. This was a joke, don't take it seriously...

Paul couldn't see other prescient beings in the future (hence he couldn't seen his would-be killer Hasimir Fenring). That in itself is a serious drawback of his powers.

Just speculation: What if a prescient being were to deliberately destroy humanity in the future? Paul's "goal" to preserve the human race would've been for nothing, the Jihad a complete waste from his perspective, and he would know nothing about it.

Shaddam I never thought about that. Knowing Brian Herbert it is probably what will happen when he writes book 7.

Anyhow is there such a thing as destiny or do we decide and choose our own actions? Can we live in harmony or strife? Will chaos always prevail over order? Can one person alter the future irrepairably? Can one person make a difference? Can I stop the Jihad? Should I kill myself? If so will I become a martyr?

I wonder if in the book if it was real Paul would have thought these things.

A good point Shaddam and Ordos I think Paul would have thought these things atleast it seems that way IMO:) when you read Children of Dune and Dune Messiah. As far as I can see about Paul being a false prophet to whom was he a false prophet the rest of the world or just to the Fremen. Sometimes when people want certain things they don't always get them the way they want them including the Fremen. They wanted Maud'Dib but even they did not do all of what Maud'Dib said. I feel in the end they curcified Maud'Dib for their own short comings. Everyone wanted to control the spice but the spice really controlled them. That led to the God-Emperor Leto II but that is another story. I still don't think Paul used the Fremen they used each other.