Special Forces

Dunenewt

OK...Navy Seals count right? :)

Edit:No, SWAT are truckloads of high-tech guys who like going to handle girlfriend-beaters,wife-beaters, Mahdi-beaters[Gob] and what not by surrounding the house with about 50 of their personnel including some snipers and then wrench open the door and throw in a negotiation phone to coax the person out. :)

ussaly its flash bangs not phones...but still...think would would happen if they only wore sun glases...they could whipe out swat..

And assasinating people, using fake Canadian passports and capturing Mordechai Vanunu and torturing him.

They do use phones....

What the hell does this has to do with this topic?

acctually the norwegian special forces are better than the seals, so my guesss is that they are among the best. I dunno the name of them though, think it was Forsvarets Spesial Commando

That's correct.

The Norwegian special force is extremely well trained.

That's correct.

Training is important but experience is above all. Think of it as like in life. You can finish the best university but what actually counts is how u work.

Training is important but experience is above all. Think of it as like in life. You can finish the best university but what actually counts is how u work.

Thanks for telling us what we already know.

They do of course have good experience.

That's correct.

offourse the special forces are well trained, this can not come as a surprise.

I've seen a movie of norwegian soldiers don't know if they were special forces or not, but they were shooting dogs, it was on the news here in DK, I guess it goes under their "special" training.

They're not special forces of the type we're speaking about here.

They're well trained soldiers stationed in Kosowo to maintain peace and to keep any eventual guerilla away. Now there's not so much problems there anymore, perhaps thanks to those soldiers.

About the dogs... Kosowo has a really big problem with wild dogs. When the soldiers have nothing else to do, they sometimes help to keep the number of those dogs down to an acceptable number. However, you can't deny the fact that some soldiers find amusement in shooting them too...

Leo, i don't know if you know where Northern Ireland is but thats where the SAS get their experience. And also Afghanistan, Iraq and I expect many other places where we don't know they are operating.

a. I was referring to the Norwegian Special Forces.

b. The Northern Ireland conflict is not as complicated as others. The war in Iraq and Afghanistan is new. Plus everyday I hear of soldiers being killed in Iraq. In Israel the fighting's maybe even harder cause the whole population is actually fighting, the cities are much more dents and the militants are much more experienced(for the Iraqis the guerilla war is pretty new) but still you almost don't hear about Israeli soldiers killed. That's experience.

I know about Kosovo, I never think that there will be peace there without precence of foreign military. Actually we can thank Ex's Ottoman turks for this, but enough about that.

And I know about the dog problems but in my eyes it's a lack of dicipline shooting dogs for the fun of it but I guess that depends of the eyes watching. I can see that these welltrained soldiers have a hard time shooting a tied dog from a distance of two metres.

Yes, I also see it as lack of discipline. However, those soldiers aren't special forces. They're just a tad better trained than normal military personell. A few of them will always be brickheads...

offourse the special forces are well trained, this can not come as a surprise.

I've seen a movie of norwegian soldiers don't know if they were special forces or not, but they were shooting dogs, it was on the news here in DK, I guess it goes under their "special" training.

ah yes, i saw that on Dutch tv too. That was just completely sick. They were just shooting a dog that was tied up, and a dog running on long distance... Practicing their sniper skills. And after that making sure the dog is dead for at least 20 times. That was just plain evil what they did over there.