What game are you most looking forward to?

Dunenewt

Half Life 2!!

Hey, what kind of machine is needed to run Doom3??

http://www.doom3portal.com/info/systemreq.php

seems a lot here

does my Fx5600 have pixel shader 1.1?

would anyone care to answer if they know?

to play DOOM 3 with all features enabled you will have to have the most current graphics cards and processor.... the game is a total beast.

you will have to have the most current graphics cards and processor....

That's a pretty ambiguous statement as the 'current' processor and gfx card are continuously changing, also the game went into development a pretty long time ago so most graphics cards/processors can't be that obsolete.

Super: As far as I'm aware (which isn't that far) your graphics card should support pixel shader 1.0

That's a pretty ambiguous statement as the 'current' processor and gfx card are continuously changing, also the game went into development a pretty long time ago so most graphics cards/processors can't be that obsolete.

Super: As far as I'm aware (which isn't that far) your graphics card should support pixel shader 1.0

i mean the current card/processor AT THE TIME the game is released..

i read hardware and software reviews sites all the time.. and they did a DOOM 3 benchmark on a 3ghz sytem with

The time at which a game is made does not limit its potential technology. They could have made a game with the same quality graphics as Doom 3 years ago, but it would have been pointless as nothing could have run it.

After watching the Half Life 25 minute demo video. I think I may just buy a new graphics card to play it.

Awesome!

Maybe I will play Half Life one sometime (I played the demo many years ago, I think on my OLD computer)

That, I'm afraid, is a false statement.

The card supports Pixel- and Vertex Shader 2.0.

And yes, DukeLeto, it does matter.

Cards not supporting the various versions can't have various effects enabled/at full detail

@Cyborg and Khan:

[frustrated]It doesn't matter because the game DOESN'T REQUIRE PIXEL SHADER 1.1!

In March 2004 some new requirements coming from a German magazine PCGames Hardware popped up these were totally false and id have denounced them as bogus, they were:

A video card with at least 128MB RAM and Pixel Shader 1.1 support is required for DOOM 3.

A 2.5GHz CPU should be enough for the stencil shadows and physics calculations.

[/frustrated]

Dear DukeLeto.

We were not talking about Doom3 here. We were talking about that video card and different versions of Pixel Shader.

And Khan, yes, all versions of such are backwards compatible.