Ordos

Dunenewt

Well, ive only had a fleeting look at the DE and remember the atreides and harkonen shield were identical, but I dont remember the ordos shield, just that theyre in there.

And did Dr McN really not know?

I guess if the art was inspired by it and not actually copied from the book then.....

rgds

LoK

Well, ive only had a fleeting look at the DE and remember the atreides and harkonen shield were identical, but I dont remember the ordos shield, just that theyre in there.

The Atreides had a red hawks head ona black background, surrounded by two crossed green olive branches (like the roman headgear ;)).

The Harkonnens had a blue ram's head on a white background (that's why the Hark symbol is a ram in the games.  In the prequels, they say it's a griffin, but I thought I remembered hearing about a ram in the original books).

The Ordos symbol (the snake and gold book) from the games is actually the symbol of House Wallach (from the DE)

McNelly was writing a Butlerian Jihad novel, he had 3 chapters done when Herbert died.  In teh early nintties he tried to get Brian Herbert to finish it iwth him, but it never happened.

Jeez, don't you guys ever read my itnerviews?!

You'd better read this one with Anderson, it is great!

• 3 weeks later...

Paul, Are you sure the Ordos are mentioned in this very book?

I don't remember anything specific about houses in it. (But then I don't remember my Granpa's birthday either.)

If we have been using different versions of the book, can you post the quote, with which the chapter (where Ordos are mentioned) starts? :)