The Oscars

Mahdi

Lord of the Ring won all the visual/technical effects awards it was nominated for and I hope it receives best picture so all of use *true* (had to borrow the * Nav) fans may rejoice.

God I hate the bandwagon fans who become fans of the movies and may have read the books after fellowship was released and act they are all hardcore. >:(

dune's ok because it still is a cult movie.

I saw emperor on ye olde westwood site and thought it looked cool and found out that night (6 months before it was released) that Dune was a book.

Lotr's is becoming what Star Wars was when it was re-released, but hey as long as the Tolkien family gets paid and Christopher Tolkien doesn't make yound adult middle earth books I'm happy.

[stop spamming Nav and get ontopic]

I watched the re-run of the Oscars on BBC the other night.  Well dont to Peter Jackson, he finally got what he deserved with 3 excellent movies that lived as true to the book without making it stupid.  11/11 is a record not many people are going to be able to say they have had!!  I thought that Billy Crystal was excellent, and it was unfortunate with who Clint Eastwood was up against as Mystic River is an excellent movie.

Finding Nemo was always going to receive best Animated Piece, however I still feel that either Ian McKellen or Andy Serkis should have had a supporting actor nomination.  But anyway, that is really my point.

Even though it began at like 1:00 am in the UK, i watched the first 2 hours or so. Tbh, I thought the only good thing about it was that presenter guy who also sung at the beginning. He was jokes. But as for the winners... they all just put on a show something along the lines of 'how can i make my speech as dumb, and sad as possible so that ppl will feel sorry for me and that they will see I'm a real person'

Get real. One word - BOTOX. Oh yeah and I think the fact that LOTR was gonna win all of them was pretty obvious, so no surprises there.