NIAB

edsbrick

some people believe they are too overpowered becuz they can teleport... 8)

1.) they are heavily armored

2.) they are effective at killing everything but sardukar

3.) they can teleport

4.) they are faster than most units (meaning they can hit and run just about anything)

5.) they are expensive

6.) they are slow building

7.) they have a movement/fire delay after teleporting

8.) they self heal

9.) they are extremely enhanced when they become promoted (level 3 niab is something to fear it can kill sardukar easier at level 3)

10.) cannot be picked up by a carryall when it has teleport engines activated. also cannot activate teleport engines when leeched by larvae.

11.) cannot squish infantry

12.) has most efficient weapon.. it does not waste shots... meaning when its lightening burst is done killing one enemy.... any excess electricity is transferred to the next closest enemy.

12.) has most efficient weapon.. it does not waste shots... meaning when its lightening burst is done killing one enemy.... any excess electricity is transferred to the next closest enemy.  so if two enemy's approach the niab.... and one is heavily wounded.. while one isnt.... it will not waste its entire shot to only kill the wounded one... it will kill the wounded one and transfer the rest of the electricity to the healthy one.

The NIAB tank only fires one shot, for one hit. It can't transfer any energy to a second target after it hits the first target. If the first target is destroyed right as or before the NIAB tank fires, then the NIAB tank will switch to any target that is in range, and will hit it even when it isn't pointing at it. The lightning bolt from the NIAB tank is simply a graphic display, and doesn't have anything to do with any damage being done. The damage is done the second the NIAB tank fires, regardless of how long you can see the lightning bolt.

You should think of the NIAB tank's weapon like a Kindjal Infantry's cannon that never needs to deploy and is mobile.

Therefore if two enemies approach the NIAB, and one is heavily wounded while the other isn't, the NIAB will have to fire one shot to kill the wounded one (while leaving the healthy enemy untouched), then run away to recharge its gun before coming back to fire at the other enemy.

That's most likely due to having multiple NIABs in the area all firing at the same time. When the target that you've given them to attack is destroyed, they'll automatically fire at the next closest enemy, if they didn't already 'use' their shot on the original target.

Try using one NIAB tank by itself. Get someone to make two missile tanks. Now a NIAB tank can split a missile tank with one shot, even if the missile tank has full health.

Damage one of the missile tanks until it is in the red. Leave the other missile tank untouched. Put both of the missile tanks together, and tell your NIAB tank to fire on the heavily damaged missile tank. You should find that the missile tank that is undamaged will stay undamaged. :)

That's most likely due to having multiple NIABs in the area all firing at the same time. When the target that you've given them to attack is destroyed, they'll automatically fire at the next closest enemy, if they didn't already 'use' their shot on the original target.

Try using one NIAB tank by itself. Get someone to make two missile tanks. Now a NIAB tank can split a missile tank with one shot, even if the missile tank has full health.

Damage one of the missile tanks until it is in the red. Leave the other missile tank untouched. Put both of the missile tanks together, and tell your NIAB tank to fire on the heavily damaged missile tank. You should find that the missile tank that is undamaged will stay undamaged. :)

hmm ya i guess your right about that... i guess because i see the lightening animations flailing all over the place and i see multiple enemies fall down i assumed it was being quite efficient.

NIAB's useage died when qm's stopped. In customs noone allows you to use them. I used guild in Qm's i like them and they arent hard to counter, but some reason people in custom games dont allow you to use them. If u re in my hosted game you can take guild :).

Gunwounds, you may be wrong about the efficiency thing, but I think I know why you thought that. The NIAB uses the same XBF bullet function as the sardaukar regular/elite and several other units in the game. This means that if you select 10 NIABS to attack 1 infantry man and they all fire at once (not that likely, but hypothetically) then the infantry man will obviously die in only a few of those shots. Because of the bullet function, though, any *full shots* (ie if the infantry man can take 2.5 NIAB shots, then 3 whole shots will be used on it) remaining will be transferred to any nearby units until either the remaining shots or the remaining units is nill. There is even a bug in Emperor that means certain units with this function (including the NIAB, I think, but certainly with the sard elite) will fire for the entire distance of the guard range (which is pretty large - longer than mino range) at any nearby unit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...