Suboids and Ix

Procyon

argh, dont mention suboids, stupid creation! bleh...lol

anyways wouldnt that be a pretty simple idea to cover? They were created by house vernius, therefore they work for house vernius. Just because there was some biological dabbling doesnt mean the tleilaxu have to be involved.

• 3 weeks later...

I dont think that it is only for the tleilaxu, at least for the suboids. this is why.

One, the ixians (vernius) hated the tleilaxu, and didnt want anything to do with them.

two, the type of genetic manipulation for making suboids is relatively simple compared to making gholas, face dancers and so on. People only came to the tleilaxu for the products with which only they could make because of the axolotl tank. such as twisted mentats, face dancers, blah blah. You dont need the axolotl tank for certain kinds of genetic manipulation, but the axolotl tank is the only source for those special genetic tamperings that only the tleilaxu had. Many houses asked for other things that are relatively simple, sex slaves and the like, but the technology that ix had seems to me that they could do some of their own sorts of primitive genetic manipulation.

three, to ask the tleilaxu to make that many suboids would be murder to the pocket books to the ixians.

Also, I forgot, but were they genetically manipulated beings? or were they just slowly bred through generations to destroy their will?

I imagine it involved genetics but I can't be sure.

And honestly, I don't think the Ixians in the original series would make anything remotely like Suboids. It... it just doesn't seem in character with the tech-wizards they are. And the Tleilaxu wouuldn't do that because Tleilaxu creations have loyalty and the like molded during their growth in axlotl tanks. A will-less sub-human wouldn't be necessary, because gholas and face dancers have no reason in their minds, to revolt.

remember tleilaxu creatures werent all loyal, piter is an example.

Not only that, tleilaxu creations that are loyal are bred to subtrifuge, bred to blend in with the enemy so that they can destroy from the inside out. so that isnt an issue.

I dont think it is an issue that the suboids couldnt be created by the ixians, because that kind of genetic tempering doesnt require an axolotl tank. Is it illegal? probably, but it could be done pretty easily by outside forces with such technology. I just think it was bad writing to create the suboids, for many reasons that I could not list in the amount of time I have right now.lol

I seem to recall that the Suboids were "bred" (with some tampering) rather than "grown".

Like TMA, I don't really like the idea of the Suboids at all.  Of course, I don't particularly approve of Ix being House-controlled.  I always saw it as a para-Landsraad organization.

yeah, I saw it as somewhat connected, like they were a people from before the jihad "programites".  Thought of them as more of a disconnected confederacy of sorts. Working for the landsraad as you say.

the DE says that the ixians, along with the richesians come from Komos (think that is the right spelling) and were originally "programmites". They were on the side of thinking machines, they were eventually chased, and were some of the only remaining groups of technological makers that originated from pre jihad times. The guild came from the same people, and even the tleilaxu might have been pro computer castes that hid after the jihad. at least that is what the DE says.

In one of the dune books, frank herbert wrote that it was a confederacy, if I remember right. It is NEVER mentioned that they are a house, or have a ruling family.

I dont recall richese being a house in the original books, only in the prequels as well.

I remember it being called a confederacy, or mentioning it even in messiah, could be wrong though. it never implies it to be a house at all.