Bad Password error

lowzeewee

I contacted EA by email as well as phone the other day. The phone rep told me to keep trying and it should be back up soon. Here is what the email response was.

Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------------

Response (Box Peter R.) - 12/29/2003 02:02 PM

Hello,

I am sorry that the serial number seems to be invalid. It seems that we are having difficulty with our Log In server.

We are looking into getting to the bottom of this issue now. We appreciate your patience and the Login Server should be fixed soon.

In the meen time you may want to have your serial number replaced. I would provide you with one in this email but we must take precautions as to not lose the integrity of our serial number data base.

To receive a new serial number:

We simply require the following information:

· Scan, take a digital picture or make a photocopy of the Label Side of the game CD-ROM.

· Name

· Address

· Telephone number

· Email address (if applicable)

· A short description of the situation

Please remember to PRINT CLEARY. Then either fax, email or mail it to our department.

I wonder if this means we all will have to receive a new serial? ???

This topic was supposed to help people use the XWIS application to play on the XWIS server.  ;)

Hey I created this thread and it's supposed to be about the "Bad password error"...if you want to talk about XWIS,do it in the other thread that is about it. :P Oh well...never mind!! ;D

I called WOL to check on the problem. They told me that they were already working on fixing it and should be up soon. The bug is not only with Emp, but other games also. They did not give an ETA but said soon. lol

XWIS is cool but not all players know about it, so having the WOL server back up would be good.

Well I received this from EA...

Response (Box Richard A.) - 12/31/2003 03:04 PM

Hello

Thank you for contacting me.  We are continuing to look into this.  We have

discovered that the issue is on our side and you do not need another serial

number.  Unfortunately we still do not have an eta on when the servers are going

to be back up.  Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Online Support and please feel free to

respond if any of the suggestions I made do not work,

Richard A.

EA Technical Support

i think now is the time to voice our opinion on BC/clans cause we need them back lets take the next email to say this is a problem and we need it fixed get our priorities strait they will fix if we ask so lets all ask ill b the first how do i contact EA ? to tell them we want battle clans back?

post it and we will all send a email and tell them we want BC back cause that will save EMP for all u ppl that say EMP is dead i have to say FUCK u u r why it could die!!!

we need BC and suppot new players as much as we dont want to!

I just got this :

Subject

Emperor Battle for Dune

Q&A History

EA Response (Kareem) 05/01/2004 01:53 PM

Hi Graham,

I'm afraid we at EA are aware of your problems and those of others in similar situations.

We are in the middle of a massive upgrade of our main USA Westwood servers and this is causing havoc across our westwood games worldwide including all our C&C line.

Please bear with us during this difficult time,

Thanks for your patience,

Kareem

EA Customer Support

They also sent me a link "Employment with EA " lol

I wonder what they mean by that.Heh heh