emperor dead??

areyouforit

• 4 weeks later...

...and that's exactly what's killing it. First one player decided to "move on", then a few of his friends, then their usual opponents, then their friends... and so on. This attitude of yours is what's killing Emperor in the first place!

Abandoning a good game just because few people play it is a stupid thing to do.

• 3 weeks later...

Long Live the Emperor! My vote it "ME"!

Sorry for the caps  ;D i have to stress certain points

Unfortunately Emperor DOES have the potential of DYING. Not many people play Emperor and they are quitting it soon. The tournaments cant be sent to every part of the world, which is a MAJOR drawback. Tournies are fun (though im not in one) and challenging. Emperor has to survive as long as all you people out there support the great Emperor: Battle for Dune game!

Remember your help is crucial. Every signature of the petition counts. BTW how does the virus work?

You know, there are several issues why EBFD "looks" dead. I think the problem and guilt lies with Westwood AND the users.

Westwood for not being there more regulary (changed now that they made Gobalopper a mod) and not updating the news page.

Users for being so negative about a great game. IMHO I think many people are playing EBFD, but just single player. If you look at all the negativity on the official EBFD board (which is where most people will look), you'll see milions of posts about who cheated who, who disconnected who, cursing, ect, ect.

People need to be a bit more psoitive and start to complain at the right address and the EBFD message board is NOT the right place. Sure, everyone has a right of opinion, but the way things are now, it's getting out of hand and not attractive to new players...

I see a lot of people complaining about patches/expansion packs, yet the lack the desire to help out EdricO and Ghosty with their expansion pack, which if I may add is excellent work !

My 2 Euro cnts anyway...

"Doc" Nyar...

Not a moderator, administrator, but I don't think there is much difference just that I don't show up in the mod list. Unfortunetely I haven't had much time the last little while to watch the boards but I do keep an eye on them.

Just responding to pple who said emperor was dead.... well its not yet there maybe a way to turn this tide besides how many good strategy games have you seen that are good? All that came out that is not westwood sucks (well except for Blizzard) so this great game should be advertised by the company. And I cant believe that a genius like westwood gives up on this game that is a sign of lack of morale in improving games aint it???? If they did it to Red Alert 2 with yuris revenge why not here on their 3D RTS game

• 2 weeks later...

yes i know you guys are like (please dont crticize emperor )

well im here to congrtulate i think that emperor is the best game ever! if they put one up for gamecube once the modem adapter thing is out im getting it and im going to get that exp. pack as soon as its out i think its wonderful that edrico and ghosty are doing this and i think that we should congratulate them cause they are doing alot for us. I mean westwood doesn't care about there games but us the customer do and most of us complain like me and then others do something.

We have all gone this far and there is no turning back..... no more second thoughts but I am Just glad that they created this game! what if they didnt create this game Then I would never have been in this site!! Wish WW would reconsider

• 1 month later...

Emperor AIN'T DEAD!!!

It is a bit low on popularity, but then so are some opera singers and they are technically alive, aren't they? :)

I been playing it on and off since the game shipped. I don't get tired of it (and I get tired of most games for about five days). The thing about Emperor is, IT HAS GOT AN ATMOSPHERE!!! :) :)

Very few games have got that essential ingredient. (From Westwood - only TS, Dune 2&2000)

Emperor deserves to live :) :)

• 1 month later...

not anymore!!

kwisatz haderach rocks

just bringing up my whining post about why no one should play the game anymore

heh

sorry bout it

some know me

some dont

had the game since july

fun game addicting

should get it if not already