RA2 IS MORE ADDICTIVE THAN EMPORER?

Arbites, did you say that you have to use 'strategy' in RA2 to win?   :O Here's what I did. I finished both campaigns on RA2 in 1 week!! With the allies, I just got 10 prism tanks, some IFVs, and repair IFVs, and that's it. Bye bye base!!  ::) EBFD is MUCH more addictive than RA2, and the graphics make RA2 look like crap. The gameplay is much more engaging than RA2, and the campaigns are more interesting. EBFD is the game that requires more tactics (especially with House Ordos) if you compare it to RA2. When I was in the shop, I'm glad I chose Earth 2150 over RA2. I didn't play RA2 for long after I finished the campaigns, since the skirmish mode was so boring! I'm still playing Dune 2000 as well, that game has more fun in it than RA2.  ::) EBFD is the best game that Westwood has ever made!

Actually, no offence to anyone, but the few C&C games that I've played have proved to be quite inept as far as gameplay and fun factor are concerned. C&C Tiberian Sun was completely boring, and RA2 turned out to be overrated.

EBFD is the best!! Bi la kaifa!!

Agree for RA2, but TS kicks ass. It was a whole new grapichal interface with real new ideas for units, like the subterrainean and the artillery (the first time a unit could outrange that much) and very interactive maps, with cities and lifeforms. And not to forget the first time there was difference in height on the map. No TS is a really good game...

C&C Tiberian Sun got boring really quickly. You know those little twigs in the ground where the Tiberium pops out? It doesn't pop out fast enough (EBFD is so much better in this respect) so you run out of stuff to harvest quickly. The only thing I enjoyed about Tiberian Sun was the Disrupter tank, and the aircraft. Still, EBFD rocks!

Another thing. What's the idea about the terrain deformation? The NOD artillery make craters in the ground so deep it's laughable sometimes. You can't save skirmish games (a big no no for RTS). I was on a skirmish game for 5 hours straight once, and I was NOD. I ended up on a high platform (my base was all paved out) because my artillery had pounded the crap out of all the units coming from all directions.  ???

That was corrected in one of the first patches. WW had underestimated the Artillery, they corrected it (the artilerry is no to weak, for my opinion) And the Tiberium didn't pop out to slow. It was good for the first time...

And you can save with skirmish. Just download the patch...

Ixianmace, we all know that you LOVE Emperor:BFD, but some of the comments that you are making about ts are stupid..........i mean, you said that the craters made by artillery wer so deep that they were 'laughable'?  Artillery do make big holes in the ground when they hit, or am I just a bit behind with modern day battlefield weapons systems.....................