KJA + BH

Dunenewt

The main problem I had with the prequels is that they would repeat stuff that we already knew.(repeatedly) This would involve skipping certain paragraphs because you already read it 30 pages ago. The thing I liked about Frank is that you had to read back 30 pages to try and figure out what was going on and that it was just so darn good.(made you think), I remember reading Dune Messiah, I read the stoneburner part about 5 times, then continued on.

But I still enjoyed the prequels so please don't bash me. :-[ ;)

I was never saying that the prequels were awful and pathetic books. Actually, I liked them when I read them for the first time.

But I don't like the attitude of BH and KJA. And not that the books are considered 'official'. Official because of the rights they have? Maybe that is formally said so, but never really 'official'...

They are fan fiction, nothing more, but they can publish it because they have the rights, that's all.

I never said that fan fiction was bad quality.

Not bad quality as such. I mean yes, they're books with good storylines (now is that because they came up with them, or because it's based on Frank Herbert's notes?) but really they aren't told very well. I think they are "spewing facts" at us in order to pave the way for Dune7/8.

Like I said, not bad. Just infinately worse than the originals. And lets face it, whether they plan on it or not, they're writing part of the same series and thus have to try and live up to the originals.

Not particularly well.

This is how I see this:

against the prequels: Andrew, Nema Fakei, NHJ BV, NaMpIgAi, Duncan Ghola, Timenn, Vanguard3000 and Dust scout

not against the prequels: dUnEnEwT, me(Emperor Harkonnen), xenogear74 and ilexatrei

I never said that I was against the prequels (or my memory is failing me). I actually like them :)

If you were "raised" on the prequels then sure, but if you were raised on the originals no.

Most people who seen Lynch's Dune in the 80's(or before they seen the minis) seem to like the movie, while people who seen the minis first, may tend to like the minis better than movie.

I was raised on Frank Herbert's Dune Mini, which I think is the best one so far. I also read the original books first which I think are better than the prequels.

But to say the prequels are a waste of paper, is a bit too far. If you don't like em, dont read em. (of course you would have had to read at least one prequel to form a bias.) I think the prequels are good books, but I havent read any of them for the second time yet, but I have read the originals twice or more.

It doesnt matter which one you read or saw first i started with house atriedies and moved on to the originals. Now that i look back on the prequels they do seem like a waste, as for the movie and miniseries i prefer not to watch either ever again

I completely diagree with Duncan Ghola. I think the 80's Lynch is a good grabber for people. Than they should work from the prequels upto the originals. And after they read the original Dune they should watch the miniseries. Than after they read both Dune Messiah and Children of Dune they should watch that miniseries and than go on and finish the books.

I completely diagree with Duncan Ghola. I think the 80's Lynch is a good grabber for people. Than they should work from the prequels upto the originals. And after they read the original Dune they should watch the miniseries. Than after they read both Dune Messiah and Children of Dune they should watch that miniseries and than go on and finish the books.

that has nothing to do with what i said, im not giving advice as to which books or movies to read or watch before the other, next time try reading the quote im responding to

that has nothing to do with what i said, im not giving advice as to which books or movies to read or watch before the other, next time try reading the quote im responding to

I did read what the quote said...However, the way that you wrote left something to be desired on your grasp of the english language and how to manipulate words to your desire.