fav super weapon

wraith126

I don't like any superweapon. They are all annoying, because you can't stop them, and they require no strategy.

The only superweapons I ever liked in Dune games were the Saboteur and Fremen (in Dune2k and DuneII) because they required more then just clicking were you wanted to fire.

But once I have infiltrated an enemy camp with Fremen, I will use them for better purposes (conyard for example) then to take down the palace so I got ride of the annoying superweapons, which do harm, but far not enought to cripple me. They are only annoying

Superwapons can make u cripple if they are used good, for example a hawk strike on ur spice, if u do this at a moment were they are 5 harvs harvesting or more it can kill the economy of the enemy. And 1 death hand can kill a big horde of minos wich can change the tie of the game. If ur are fighting ordos or hark sards are very important so if u kill them with a chaos strike it can change the game totaly.

So if I enter my enemies base with fremen the first thing I kill are the palaces then if I can I will kill the conyard.

There are more and nicer way to cripple someone. What do you like more? That you destroy a bunch of Harvesters with one click with the mouse (Hawk Strike), or with a Fedaykin on a worm after careful micromanaging?

My point is that superweapons don't need more strategy then to think where to fire them, while most other units need strategies.

hmm, i don't agree. I think they're actually part of the strategy. Getting a palace costs a lot of resources, and is not a choice you make easily, however because it recharges automatically for free it is a powerful weapon, it doesn't cost you anything, and the enemy has another primary target, to destroy that palace before it does a hawk strike. It is an easy weapon to use, although you need to consider carefully where to strike.

Are you going to take everything what I say so literally and absolute?

What I meant was that superweapons don't require strategy compared to all other things.

Ofcourse you need some thinking with that. Like you need intelligence to breath and eat. But do we talk about those when we are discussing about complicated subjects?

Are you going to take everything what I say so literally and absolute?

What I meant was that superweapons don't require strategy compared to all other things.

Ofcourse you need some thinking with that. Like you need intelligence to breath and eat. But do we talk about those when we are discussing about complicated subjects?

That's not what i said, and i'm not attacking you. I just disagree, i think that although it is unstoppable, it is a choice you make, perhaps a newbie choice (i wouldn't know as i am a newbie) yet if it gives you the opportunity to win i'd say.... why not? The enemy can make the same choice. If he wants to beat you with micro or whatever, it is his/her choice, and if he/she succeeds i'd say, well done. But superweapons are not created to let them lie aside.

Example: If you use a DH missile to take down enemy powerplants and defeat base defences, i'd say that is a very subtle and effective apporoach of unmounting the enemies defences, a better idea than to just rush your units in.

Nonetheless, keep in mind that i am a newbie still...

• 4 months later...

That's not what i said, and i'm not attacking you. I just disagree, i think that although it is unstoppable, it is a choice you make, perhaps a newbie choice (i wouldn't know as i am a newbie) yet if it gives you the opportunity to win i'd say.... why not? The enemy can make the same choice. If he wants to beat you with micro or whatever, it is his/her choice, and if he/she succeeds i'd say, well done. But superweapons are not created to let them lie aside.

Example: If you use a DH missile to take down enemy powerplants and defeat base defences, i'd say that is a very subtle and effective apporoach of unmounting the enemies defences, a better idea than to just rush your units in.

Nonetheless, keep in mind that i am a newbie still...

I think he was talking to Lowzeewee

• 3 months later...