Nav's Vice City Review [PC Version]

Navaros

Was this made just to rant?

No, it was made to give innocent game buyers the "E! True Hollywood Story" of Vice City. the average Professional Review for the PC Version of Vice City gives it 94% even though it's not worth even half that score

you see, professional reviewers all copy each other. if a game has a massive pre-built customer-base (ex: Vice City, WarCraft 3), then no matter how sucky that game is, all major gaming sites will always give it a score in the 90's because otherwise they would isolate their market share and "lose credibility". ie: say IGN posted a Review of Vice City like mine, and no other site did. the audience of IGN would stop going there and think that IGN didn't know what they were talking about. for those sites to be honest would be bad for business, so they don't be honest.

everything i said in this review is 100% accurate fact and i've already backed it all up. it could be argued that i was very generous in giving Vice City a 42% score.

ahh yes okay. So you think you are right with this review eh? So you think all the people who play this game and enjoy themselves are plain stupid? then what the hell should they do? Read your fucking posts and reviews that are so lamer and boring and shows nothing of your intelligence at all?

everyone can tell that i have worked very hard and spent a lot of time on this Review.

therefore, i'd ask everyone to give me that courtesy that if you are going to flame me for posting it, take the same time and care in making your flames.

if you wanna try to dispute my review, do it with the same vast specific game-based detail and thought which I have. otherwise, you're just making yourselves look stupid by showing "i can't dispute anything Nav said in an intelligent way, so i'll just post a meaningless generic flame instead!" and underscoring exactly how accurate my Review is.

I do think that you spent a lot of time in making this and that is good. Great, whatever.

BUT you are always so negative. Why don't you post a review of something you LIKE? I'm on the boards for about 1,5 years now and all this time i know you are around. Yet i have never ever seen you say that something was good or great other than yourself. Why can't you ever write something about what you do like?

Was this made just to rant?

No, it was made to give innocent game buyers the "E! True Hollywood Story" of Vice City. the average Professional Review for the PC Version of Vice City gives it 94% even though it's not worth even half that score

Hmm...

Most professionals give the game 94%, and you dish up with 42%.

Either all the professionals does not have a clue about how good/bad the game is, or you are being too hard on the creators.

All that Nav said is correct.

The thing is, do you as gamer value all he said just as much as he did.

In other words, do you mind that when you hop into another vehicle taht the radio station isn't the same ? If not, you'll rate the game higher. If you do value his critics the same as he does, you'll probably agree.

Learn to differentiate personal opinions...

I do think that you spent a lot of time in making this and that is good. Great, whatever.

BUT you are always so negative. Why don't you post a review of something you LIKE? I'm on the boards for about 1,5 years now and all this time i know you are around. Yet i have never ever seen you say that something was good or great other than yourself. Why can't you ever write something about what you do like?

Actually, I seem to remember some posts where he does praise a few games as being good. Wish I still had that short list around here.

Many of the things that nav said are important to me aswell. Some of the points that he brought up I also thing could have been better.

As, the hookers dont do anything, its easy to steal a car, the length of the game etc.......

If those things were fixed it would have been alot better.

On the other hand.....

I would not have ever ever thought of giving Vice a rating of 42%. I would give it at lowest a 89%. I love the game, one of my favorite games and compared to GTA 3 its 10000000 times better.

In conclusion I can only hope that in the next GTA that a few of the issues that nav pointed out get picked up on and get added to the game. If it has a "Mature" rating it should have swearing and sex and drugs and heavy violence all depcted in the game, Vice did ok on that but no where near where it could have been. I completely agree that GTA should be more agressive when stealing cars and that you should actually see the hookers doing there thing and that the game should be alot longer.

Plus more options when the game is completed as in more special units unlocked and more options to do after game completion and just cool stuff that you couldent get before.

so yeah....

Sards rating of Nav's rating: 70%

I think people are becoming bigots and are so consumed in their anger against Nav that they create things to be angry about. Stop your fighting against Nav, you damn spammers. Other people posted reviews on games, why shouldn't Nav? And why shouldn't he be able to do so without being attacked by you guys?

I dident flame nav this time so u dont have shit on me ;D

But anyways I found something that nav forgot.

On the topic of jackin cars is too easy. In Vice you can go to most cars and just get in and drive away.

One, most cars in real life would be locked and two most wont have the keys in them. And I doubt he can hotwire it in like .5 seconds.....

I think to steal a car thats not moving or on you have to one see if its locked and if so than break in by either breaking the window or stickin in a rod between the glass and the door and opening the door or picking the lock. Two he should have to hot wire it and you should be able to see it. And not like 123 ok hotwired like 1......2.........3..........................hotwired , i mean he has to reach under the dash and pull out the wires and cut the right ones and attach them and all that. Its just way to fake to just hop in any car you find and just drive away. Thats something that needs to be changed.

Maybe once in a while you will find a car thats unlocked and has the keys in it or somebody gets out to drop off some videos at a place and you hop in and drive off but not all the dam time.

this is one time where I have to disagree with someone on realism.

if it was like that the game wouldn't be very fun so I definatly think it shouldnt be like that although for hijacking a vehicle there should be a chance someone will slam the door on you shoot you, punch you in the head or just hold your door closed

why? its stupid and kiddy without it .'

RARELY will you find a car unlocked and VERY VERY VERY VERY RARELY will you ever find a car with the keys in it. Its stupid to just hop in a car and drive away.

It should take a good 10 seconds to unlock and a good 20 seconds to hotwire.

It would make the game more challing. There should be a fight to hijack a car a struggle and it should be difficult. You should have to rip open the door and point a gun at the guy and say " GET THE FU** OUT!!!!" to jack a car. Its insanly easy and gives no fun in the process to jack a car the way it is now.

GTA is meant to be realistic and realistic crime. If it were this way the game would be 101515151541 times more fun and interesting.

i've got to disagree with that. the gta series has always been extremely unrealistic, in order to provide a fun and comic atmosphere for the player. sure, it's ridiculously easy to hijack a car, but that's the whole point of the game (Grand Theft Auto!) and who wants to spend 5 minutes trying to jack each car. especially during chases, which IMHO is the most fun part of the game, jumping from car to car is many times very essential. you simply don't have time to hotwire a car when you've got 5 feds and a whole bunch of cops trying to mow you down with their own cars and weapons.

starting with gta3, some drivers would randomly get scared and try to drive off if you attempted to jack their car. perhaps there is a little more they can do to have more realistic responses from drivers, but i think they should be very careful about it, or risk driving away customers who love the game for what it is and how it always has been.

I agree, I doubt anyone would really find that more fun, that would make the game COMPLETELY boring and everything would have to be done on foot if you wanted to get somewhere fast, and who doesnt ditch cars like toilet paper in that game theres no way the game would even get half as many sales if you had to do that.

Im talking break in and hotwire when the car isent is parked in some parking lot.

If your being chased than run to a car and rip the person out. All im saying is it should be far from where it is now. GTA is wayyyyyy to cartoony without some sort of change. I still enjoy it and I know where your comming from but like i said if your being chased or need a quick getaway than go grab a car thats already started. When your just walking down the street and see a hot ride than you go and get to work.

everyone can tell that i have worked very hard and spent a lot of time on this Review.

therefore, i'd ask everyone to give me that courtesy that if you are going to flame me for posting it, take the same time and care in making your flames.

if you wanna try to dispute my review, do it with the same vast specific game-based detail and thought which I have. otherwise, you're just making yourselves look stupid by showing "i can't dispute anything Nav said in an intelligent way, so i'll just post a meaningless generic flame instead!" and underscoring exactly how accurate my Review is.

Ok everyone who thinks this is true say I...