Metallica

Seal89999

Just recently I have started listining to Metallica. I have no dam clue why I dident like them before. My only idea is I heard some of there new stuff and it just sorta sux. I just discovered that not only are the lyrics original and work, the beat of there songs just plain RoCk!!!!!

Whats not to like about Metallica? One thing though is that they are not as good as they were back in the day. There new stuff is still good but just isent old fashioned Metallica quality. One of there only newer songs that I like is St.Anger which is also the name of their new cd. Back when the first started they were in there prime, almost all there songs were wicked awsome. Some of my favorite songs are , Enter Sandman, Master of Puppets, Until it sleeps, Nothing else matters, Jump in the fire. IMHO I think that there greatest album was the self titled "black album". Who else here agrees with me that Metallica totally rocks?!!??

They may not be as good as they used to be but they are still one of the greatest rock bands of all time.

I agree that Metallica used to be a good metal band. They lost their way during the whole Napster fiasco and I have never bought a single product of their's since. I am a big fan of many Heavy Metal bands since that's the music I listened to when I was in high school. If you like Metallica I would also recommend Iron Maiden up through their Seventh album. After that they went downhill as well.

I have heard of Iron Maiden. I will check out some of there songs. If anybody could recommend some hits and classics from them that would be awsome.

Anyways back on topic, I just downloaded a cool song called Fuel by Metallica. It rocks 8)!!!

heres the word to the song, The lyrics were just catchy and grasped me when I heard it. Check it,

Gimme Fuel,

Gimme Fire,

Gimme that which I desire,

Ooh!

Turn on...I see red

Adrenaline crash & crash my head

Nitro Junkie, Paint me dead

And I see red

One hundred plus through Black and White

War Horse, Warhead

Fuck 'Em Man, white knuckles tight

Through Black & White

Ohhh, On I Burn,

Fuel is pumping engines,

Burning hard, loose & clean

And I burn,

Churning my direction,

Quench my thirst with Gasoline

So Gimme Fuel,

Gimme Fire,

Hey

Turn on beyond the bone

Swallow future, spit out home

Burn your face upon the crome

Yeah!

Take the corner, join the crash,

Headlights, Headlines

Another Junkie lives too fast

Yeah lives way too fast, fast, fast, oohh-aye

Ohhh, On I Burn

Fuel is pumping engines

And On I burn

Churning my direction,

So Gimme Fuel

Gimme Fire

Gimme that which I desire

Yeah-Heah

White Knuckle Tight!

[solo]

Gimmie Fuel.... On I burn, on and on

Gimmie Fire.... On I burn, on and on

My Desire....

Ohhh, On I Burn

Fuel is pumping engines

And I burn

Churning my direction

Gimme Fuel

Gimme Fire

Gimme that which I desire

Ooh

On I Burn!

And also, about the napster thing I just hate lars because of that ;). James Hetfield , Kirk, and Rob are still cool. :)

Well i have loved listening to Metallica for a long time. I used to listen to the Master of Puppets album all the time when i was younger. About the time the Black album came out though the band had changed and seemed that they were trying to tone down and become a more mainstream band that anyone could listen to. They had gone away from their real metal sound. I liked there album black and some of the newer stuff they have done but the first 4 albums Kill'em All, Ride the Lighting, Master of Puppets and ...And Justice For All were the true Metallica sound. Songs like Fight Fire with Fire, One, Seek and Destroy, Sanatarium, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Fade to Black, Battery, and Master of Puppets were some of my favorites. And this was pre Rob. At the time the Bass player was Cliff Burton (until he died in a bus accident during the Master of Puppets tour) and then Jason Newstead. Dave Moustaine of Megadeth also was the original lead guitarist of Metallica when they first started.

As a recommendation of a band with the same sound as the early Metallica I say you should check out Anthrax: State of Euphoria, Anthrax: Among the Living, and Queensryche: Operation Mindcrime.

Oh they rule!Have just heard them on Roskilde Festival(Denmark)And I can tell u all,oh my bullocs,they just wiped everyone off the stage it was a exellent no it was orgasmic hehe.They did that gig as they never had been off stage for nearly 4 years,I have seen them several times but this was the first time I`ve ever heard Metallica jamming on stage it was awsome....justice for all I think is the best album but they all are.Load & re-load sucks exept the song called FUEL.I could have gone on and on abot Metallica but...

oh I nearly forgot,The new bass player Rob Trijuillo?he was awsome too,he fill the space after Jason very well.

IRON MAIDEN as for that matter also played on the festival,with an energy like a bat out of hell,if u want to listen to the good albums check out the albums:

Iron Maiden,Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden,Killers

Iron Maiden,The number of the beast

I dont remember the name on the following album but its were the song TROOPER,FLIGHT OF ICARUS is on.Got kinda yellow ground color on the cover.

Iron Maiden,Fear of the Dark

After that I think they just copying them self too much.

P.S check out the album were Bruce Dickenson don`t sing,I think it came out in 1995-96.That was when I did get the rennesance for them again.

Cybo

I like the more hardrock influenced songs from Garage Inc. and their cooperation with Michael Kamen S&M (Sinfony and Metal) - I don't really like the old ones, though i can't deny their excellent quality.

Metallica fans would kill me for that ignorance ;)

No don`t think they kill u,cause they got the older stuff,and after Metallica did the Black album(they did steal the idea for the black album from a English band called SPINAL TAP,anyone seen that video? ::) :D ;D ).

they have got a whole new group of fans.So u are probably the new fan group.And They got the new stuff.

Actually I thing the new album St.Anger is a road cross of The 3 first albums.I think is pretty good,need to be listening to more than once.

Cybo

A couple of my favorite songs of Maiden are :

To Tame a Land - From "Piece of Mind" album (Actually I love every song on this album). Here are the lyrics for this song:

http://www.geocities.com/demon_913/maiden/pieceofmind.html#Tame

Notice it's about Dune :D

Another favorite of mine is "Run to the Hills" from the "Number of the Beast" album. Again here are the lyrics:

http://www.geocities.com/demon_913/maiden/numberofthebeast.html#Run

I think if you get any of the first 7 albums of Maiden you can't go wrong,but my personal favorite is "Piece of Mind" so I definitely recommend that one.

To see a list of all the albums with cover art go to:

http://www.geocities.com/demon_913/maiden/lyrix.html

Thanx Number 6 for the insite, im gonna look into those songs.

Anyways,

I was just listining to "Sad but true" by Metallica and that is the same tune that Kid Rock used in "American Bad-ass". I love "sad but true" its a great song.

Last night there was a Tribute to Metallica on a tv on VH1. It went over the history of Metallica, and other bands like Limp Bizkit and Korn (one of my favorite bands) did some Metallica songs in honor of them. Limp Bizkit did a great job at Sanatarium. And then Metallica took the stage and did like a whole bunch of there songs.

Before I said that I hated Lars because of that whole napster thing. Well that hate has sorta faded lately. I cant blame him for doing what he did. If you worked hard on something, put your heart into in and than people pirated it and you got ripped off and got no record sales than that would really suck. And also I thought Lars just looked like a bum back in the early days of Metallica but now he looks pretty cool. I guess it was a stupid thing. Hes cool thought, and he truly is a very talented drum player.

Well ive got some Metallica shirts and a few of there cd's now and im a total fan. Metallica totally ROCKS!!! Period.

Ozzy is pretty old , he can still rock down pretty good. Now all I do is watch his show and laugh at his unawareness.

But anyways, back to what I was sayin.

In Metallica's "Sad but true" its the same song as Kid Rocks "American Bad ass" except for the words. Did Metallica sell the rights to the song to Kid Rock or did he like just use it once with there permission or something? I just found that sorta cool, IMO it was best originally, as a Metallica song.

I have heard of Iron Maiden. I will check out some of there songs. If anybody could recommend some hits and classics from them that would be awsome.

Gimme Fuel,

Gimme Fire,

Ooh!

Ohhh, On I Burn,

Fuel is pumping engines,

blaa blaa blaaa....

And also, about the napster thing I just hate lars because of that ;). James Hetfield , Kirk, and Rob are still cool. :)

Conqurlations, you downloaded the worst song ever.

I used to like them alot but they changed their whole program and with St. Anger they try to return maybe someone should tell once you leave it's harder to come back. Then again maybe they never were who I thought they were to begin with but it's just one guy's opinion.

St.Anger is definatally not old fashioned Metallica but its still good. They havent lost any skill just changed there style a little bit. I think that if they make another album that it will be somewhat like there old stuff was. St.Anger isent as huge as like Master of puppets or the black album were by far but its still good. Think of all real crap out there. Most of the alternative stuff is just bad. I like some of it but its just not real rock. Metallica atleast has diffent sounds to differnt parts of the song. Some bands are just so repetive.

"One" was from "And Justice for All" that is when they started to change because next came Metallica's self titled aka "The Black Album". I liked it when they were "Alcohollica" but I give respect to people for giving up bad vices. Somebody tell Hetfield that he should throw out more "picks" at the shows.