Kanly: Revisted

Lord J

Whooo Hoooo!

Very good, close close match between Drop Zone and the new player, Dust Scout. I've actually never seen it so close...But enough about that, let's see to the winning! :)
Attacking party: Dust Scout: 22 points!

Defending party: Drop Zone: 25 points!

Drop Zone is the Winner!!! You may write a "fatality" round, Drop Zone, just remember the rules, and write well!

Alright, Drop Zone has seemingly decided not to post his fatality post...It seems mercy has shown her grace with the arena.

However, mercy's sweet wings are nought for the carnage yet to come! For today, as the author and judge of this, most violent thread, I hereby announce two new battles!

ExSPlug the SC Ghost will face Drop Zone the giant eye in a battle to make us all squint in appreciation!

Salvatore (Or Frodo, as I know him ;) ) will be facing the Sand Bike of Terror: Dust Scout!

Both battles will be fought simulateously. Prepare for warfare! Beat each other to a bloody (or oily, in Dustie's case ;) ) mess!

Begin!

Edit: Name error fixed, Salvatore is facing Dustie, not Drop Zone - LordJ

Welcome aboard, Sir Sard :) I'll see what accomadations can be arranged.

BTW, It's Salvatore against Dust Scout, not Drop Zone. I got a little confused with the names ;)

Thanks m'lord I only need a simpel ultramarine cell, loke those in the ultramarine fortress back home on good ol' Ultrama

*Nods with a vacant look in his eyes* Ok...If you say so.

BTW, welcome aboard Ex, yourself and Sard will be in backup positions for the other players (if one decides to forfiet the match).

Allright, I'll be Frodo for this :)...

Frodo begins pacing around the piece of machinery, wondering what the hell it was, and how he is to defeat it. He begins to plan out his means of attack, thinking of all of the possible outcomes. Quickly he comes up with an idea. Grabbing Sting from his side, he quickly runs up to the machine and takes a swing at the machines front right leg. It cuts halfway through the metal, leaving the Dust Scout without the ability to move very fast.

I take it that was an attack.

With it's primary weapon disabled (at least until it can finish self-repair next round), the Dust Scout takes advantage of the close quarters to fire at Frodo's midriff at point-blank range, causing the hobbit to curl up in defence. With Sting thus withdrawn, the Dust Scout retreats to a safe distance in order to self-repair, allowing the pain from the counter-attack to sink in.

Very good start, :)

Attacking party: Frodo: 6 points.

Defending party: Dust Scout: 2 points.

Continue!
As Drop Zone has apparently quit the arena, I have made a descision. ExSPlug will now fight the mighty Sir Sard! Engage!

Seeing that Sir Sard is approaching fast, Plug, without hesisation, got a special canister and inserted into his rifle and pulls the trigger. A blinding flash fills the arena and Sir Sard is blinded. Taking the chance, Plug sneaks to the rear of Sir Sard, fires 2 shots at his head, performing a counter attack.

The shots didn't decap Sir Sard as expected, but still caused enough damage to slow him down. This is a great chance to attack. Before Sir Sard could turn around, ExSPlug has activated his stealth generator to full power.

Swiftly ExSPlug threw a set fo throwing daggers towards his opponent. These deadly projectiles didn't appear, until they exits the radius of the stealth field, which is only a meter from Sir Sard...

I am going to attack. Trying to recover from the light that escaped from the metal object, Frodo can't help but wonder, what is this thing? He then thought of something. He quickly ran back a few feet, giving himself some room between him and the metal object. He then quickly pulls one of the fireworks that Merry and Pippin stole from Gandalf the wizard. He quickly lights the fuse, and steps back, pointing the firework at the metal object. With a loud bang, a dragon comes out of the end of the firework, which then hurtles itself towards the metal, upon impact, it explodes, leaving the thing with injuries unimaginable.

Sir Sard quickly ducks and narrowly evades the daggers, enraged byt the cowardly attack Sir Sard charges at Plug in a fit of holy rage, as he trusts his sword forward (again aiming for Plug's belly) Sir Sard hopes his counter attack will be a sucses

At the last moment, the Dust Scout sinks into the ground, allowing the firework to explode harmlessly overhead, scorching the arena floor and causing those in the front seats to clutch their ears in minor agony. Frodo recieves minor damage from the explosion, which was not meant to go like that. The sand in the arena is covered with red and yellow sparkles from the firework. The Dust Scout's defence has worked well indeed. And now that self-repair is completed, speed is back at optimum. However, it is still underground. Somewhere in the arena...

As those of you who have checked The Coming & Going Thread on General know, I will be going to Vegas for the next few weeks. As it is, then, I'm going to be locking this thread sometime tomorrow afternoon, so you guys will have one last chance to sneak in a few more attacks. :)

Attacking party: ExSPlug: 11 points.

Defending party: Sir Sard: 9 points.

Attacking party: Frodo: 7 points.

Defending party: Dust Scout: 4 points.

Continue!

*Rechraging: 0%, stealth generator offline*

ExSPlug is revealed as Sir Sard continues to advance on him. He could sense that this time it's different, he can't get away by those tricks again, he gotta counter fast.

ExSPlug reloaded his rifle. He then dashes directly towards the advancing beserker. Soon the blade is nearind the neck of ExSPlug, but he leaps sidewards in a nick of time, then fired towards Sir Sard's right wrist, hoping to knock off the sword.

how do you keep track of the scores?

Isn't that pretty obvious? I page through to the orginal scores and add the new roll scores to it. For example:

Attacking party: Sir Sard: With an original score of 9 points. I roll a 12-sided die for his Overwhelming Attack, and the roll score is 3. 3 and 9 is 11, and so is Sir Sard's score.

Defending party: ExSPlug: Same deal here, he already has a score of 11 points. I roll a 6-sided die for his counter attack and get 2. 2 is added to 11 and we get 13, which is ExSPlug's score.

Which concludes this episode of Kanly. I may start it up once more upon my return, but that depends on how much time I have (I'm starting Fall Semester shortly after my return). This thread will be locked, following this post. Feel free to comment on the Fiction Comments Go Here thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, hopefully you guys have read The Coming & Going Thread and know I'm officially back.

Whoooo-frickin'-hooooo!

Now we get back to the matches. At the last stand, ExSPlug is ahead of Sir Sard by a marginal 13 to 11 score. And while things are just heating up in that match at round 3, the match between Dust Scout and Frodo has just begun; with Frodo leading at 7 to 4!

Continue!