The God Emperor's Dune, preperation

Dante

I don't know if there has ever been a thread like this before, but it seemed like a good idea. Soon, if enough people join, I will create a thread entitled, "The God Emperor's Dune" unless someone comes up with a better name for it. We have had so many Dune threads set in the first book but very few past that.

So here's the plot; God Emperor Leto II has taken over the known universe. He has a preliminary army of Fish Speakers, but the Sardaukar are still around, if in smaller numbers. Arrakis is not yet a fertile land, most of it is still desert, and though the worms are rarer, they are still a danger. But Leto can still destroy the spice, he still holds all the cards in his palace/temple on Arrakis.

Choose a house. You can make up your own, or choose one from from the books, with the exception of Atreides and Harkonnen of course. A distant branch of Corrino is acceptable. You can have planet/s (two max) and resources, remembering that taxes are high. You can also control another group if you wish, such as the enslaved but resentful Tleilaxu. Remember, you can declare war on each other, but it is in everyone's interests to somehow depose the God Emperor.

For myself, I take the Bene Gesserit. Now join... JOIN!

(OOC: Hmm, Ok, this will be my limit for the night ;) )

Faction: House Ghobey

Planet: Tiera Tertiary

Primary Source of Funds: Arms Production

Civilian Population: 50,000,000

Planetary Army/Navy: 1,000,000 units

Spaceforce: 20,000 units

House produces estimated 1,000,000 Arms units per post for retail sale. Imperial tax is cut from that amount.

House is led by Arch-Duke Darius Ghobey.

Alliance negotiations are open, and the Arch-Duke is currently single and childless.

• 2 weeks later...

If nobody objects (as nobody has yet expressed an interest in it) I will also undertake control of the Guild.

On another note, I would like someone who has not taken part yet to take the Bene Tleilax, and possibly a few more Great Houses?

Lastly, if anyone wishes to comment on the battle and negotiation thread, please use this one. Thank you.

House Sarmizegetusa

Leader: Lord Burebista, unwed, unchild, unnothing ;D

Pop: 10.000.000

Planet: Apulum

Army: 2.000.000

Space: 100.000:

- 2 cruisers; (x5000)

- 10 bombers; (x500)

- 1000 fighters; (x2);

- 4 carriers; (x5000);

- 100 corvettes; (x500);

- adittional personnel;

- space station; (x10.000)

Somewhat poot House due to high tax, living of timber trade, marble trade, mining.

I want to make a site about this. Send me yer info, yer House info (i mean more that's around here, some history). Send me some pictures also, and tell me how would you like yer House's page to look like. If you make it yerself, that's great. If you'll host it yerself give me the link.

I'll start work tomorrow.

E-mail me of course: dunedavidu@yahoo.com

hey mind if I join dust scout?

if I am able to, Ill post some info on a house I would control if allowed.

House Mentis

Crest Colors: Blue and yellow.

Foundation: in the year 239 A.G. House Mentis was voted in as House Major. The various land holdings and economic ventures were sold away and recieved the fiefdom of Maissel. Steady immigration enabled a workforce that was able to rival other Great Houses of the landsraad. Though it's exports are not exotic and are pretty commonplace, there are enough goods to give House Mentis a decent amount of revenue. They are renown for producing economic and military advisors. Their schools are famous for the high caliber of training given to men and women. Suprisingly they train in one school, and both learn the tactics and stratagies of statecraft, economics, and warfare. This strange method of teaching is actually beneficial, because the founder of the schools taught that both areas economics and warfare contain their similar forms of warfare.

Population: 1.8 billion

Standing army: around 50 million, an estimated 10 million in active duty as well as 40 million reserves. In all, Mentis boasts 4 standing army divisions in whole.

Military armament:

12 monitors: Monitors fully equipt to handle grand strategic forms of warfare. From holding trade embargos to seigeing of planets. All monitors can hold at maximum 25 frigates in spaceflight. Monitors can successfully land in various atmospheres by seperating into 11 consecutive units.

284 frigates: 120 are space superiority fighters, 15 are search and rescue vessels, 32 are deep space scouts, 84 are land based defenders/drop ships, and 33 are ornithopter transport vessels.

Atmospheric vehicles:

560 Ornithopters: 380 air superiority fighters, 120 are ground attack bombers, and 60 are personel and payload cargo carriers.

1024 groundcars with reenforced plasteel chassies.

Spice Mining and Refining:

234 spice miners

125 carryalls, 8 reserves, and 117 for deployment and retrieval.

a total crew of 3021 for spice mining and refining, as well as local contracts with the native population of arrakis when chosen to control as a quasi fiefdom.

260 carryall pilots, 250 in full time service, 10 in reserves.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I'm taking votes now as to whether Clanner can have used illegal transport to move a sandworm or more from Arrakis to another planet.

Issues for:

(1) He's the Emperor, he does what he likes.

Issues against:

(1) Illegal transport, and 200x light speed at that.

(2) Moving Sandworms and then keeping them alive has been proven impossible.

If anyone has any isses they would like to add, post here. I'll be taking votes by IM ONLY over the next two days.

The matter of the Fish Speakers has also been brought up. As this has been used already and not contested, and despite the fact that the Fish Speakers were only supposed to be preliminary, this matter shall NOT be debated.

• 4 weeks later...

Did you really think i would let this finish with out my glorious house joining?

House KYA

House Minor

System KYA

Home Planet KYA Prime

Main export Bricks and iron

Population 2.5 billion

Military 5 million poorly trained conscript troops

1 million troops with average training

10,000 elite troops

Militia

Poor House

Strong R&D.

Hoping that mining the near by asteroid field for resources and wealth.

One Colony in the Aretes system agrigulctureal

population 220,000 thousand

Leader Premire General Ryan Sharpie

• 3 weeks later...